“Location and view second to none.”

Park Plaza London Riverbank
Ranked #380 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The view from a room on the river side of the hotel is worth paying the extra for.
The rooms are spacious and comfy, with great beds. You can also use facilities at the sister hotel only a few hundred meters away.
Staff are friendly and helpful and food at the hotel is better than usual hotel food. I am guessing it's pricey due to the location but since it was on business I didn't see the rates.
If you are looking for a hotel with views in London and good all round service then this is it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
gregmoorehead, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Plaza for your recent business trip to London, and for sharing your feedback with other travellers. Our Riverview rooms are highly sought after so I am glad to read that you availed of the upgrade.

Our sister Hotels are located close by with a host of amenities, so should you be visiting London again for business or pleasure we look forward to welcoming you .

Greg Moorehead
Guest Relations Manager .

Write a ReviewReviews (5,678)

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Went to Europe for a month and spent the frist week in London. We stayed at the Park Plaza. Easy to find and on thr iver. We strolled the river nightly and were within walking disatnce to the Eye, Buckingham Palace and the rest. The rooms were very clean, and the guest services were very helpful. Good staff and friendly room service. I will stay here again. We could see Big Ben, the parliment building and several other landmarks from our hotel room. Great view at a great price.

Room Tip: No need for any transportation as you are within walking distance to the "tube" station an...
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Plaza Riverbank during your recent stay in London, and for taking time to post your comments. I read your positive remarks about the team with great delight, and look forward to sharing your review at our weekly briefing.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Riverbank again in the near future should your plans allow.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

This hotel is really a great place to stay in London. Is walking distance from a lot of historic places like Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. Is clean, modern and the staff was really friendly.
The breakfast is complete and has a good quality. The room was big and clean. They offer internet wi-fi in the price, which was really good.
My husband did not believe the price we paid for the stay; thought it was much more expensive.
I recommend this hotel for your next visit to London!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
gregmoorehead, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Dear Guest,

May I take this opportunity on behalf of the team to thank you for posting such a positive review following your recent stay with us. I look forward to sharing your comments at our weekly briefing, and I trust that should you be visiting London you will choose Park Plaza Riverbank.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in August 2011 as part of a tour group. While the front desk seemed friendly enough and were courteous, the room was small and not very spacious. My daughter and I found the beds to be extremely uncomfortable and far from what we're used to considering the price. Beware of bugs people! In your beds and elsewhere! The service overall was just average and I found the concierge on duty to be rude and short when asking him for assistance.

While he conveniently helped other guests, he was quite dismissive when I asked for information about a tour. When I brought this to the attention of the manager, he stated he'd take care of the situation and I never heard back from him about the problem or assistance with the tour! This hotel is at best maybe a 3-star by U.S. standards. The breakfast is average. I never plan to go back and suggest you look elsewhere if you want an upscale hotel and better treatment!

Room Tip: Request a river view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Sg2011523
gregmoorehead, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2011

Dear Guest,

May I firstly apologise for service you received from the Concierge Department at the Hotel following your recent stay with us .As the Manager on Duty on the day I read your review with great concern, as no case of bugs had been mentioned during your stay, and had such an allegation been made it would have been dealt with immediately. I have had email correspondence with you following your visit, and I trust you had received such.

Rest assured all feedback is valued be it negative or positive and should you decide to stay at Park Plaza again while in London we look forward to welcoming you so that you may see Riverbank in its true light.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Wow. I wish I knew how amazing this hotel was before I planned our trip as I wish we stayed more than just the one night. We got engaged two days before we arrived and when we told them at the front desk, the sent up a complimentary bottle of wine to our room which was so sweet. We paid a little more to upgrade to a river view which was SO worth it! A view of Parliment and Big Ben was just awesome. The room was very large, clean, and modern. It was a nice walk along the river to central London. Great hotel, must stay!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the river view, it is worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your engagement, and many Thanks from all the team for taking the time to post such a positive review following your short stay at our hotel.
As stated the location is ideal for walking to central London, and to view all it has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Riverbank again in the future as a newly married couple.

Greg Moorehead
Guest Relations Manager .

Reviewed September 14, 2011

My wife & I spent a week at this hotel in Sep 11. We booked early and had a 1 br suite with a river view so received good value. Rooms were very well fitted out, very comfortable, spacious and clean. Staff were always helpful / professional. Everywhere in London is a compromise as you have to travel somewhere to see a particular 'sight'. We could walk to The London Eye in 10 mins and a similar time to Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey and Downing St. A little further & you were at Trafalgar Sq, Leicester Sq & Picadilly. The tube at Vauxhall is 5 mins down the road and there are also a miriad of buses there also. Breakfast is also very good, although the dinner at the hotel was not to our taste. There is a small mini market 200m from the hotel for general necessities. We would return without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RJRAustralia

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review following your recent stay in London.

As stated it really is a great location for anyone visiting London with all the major landmarks on our doorstep. I am sorry to read that the dinner was not to your taste, but I am unsure if you visited both or Restaurants located on two separate floors. My apologies if the team did not make you aware of both options.

We look forward to greeting you at Riverbank again in the near future, should your travels take you back to London.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We got married at the Park Plaza in August 2010. The staff could not have been more helpful and made my wedding weekend very relaxing and memorable. We came back to the hotel for our 1st year anniversary and yet again the staff could not have been more accomodating. The room with the river view was stunning! The bed was very comfortable adn the bathroom luxurious. Breakfast is plentiful and if you get to eat in the VIP area then it's even better.
They have a gym which is ok but we decided to go running along the thames and it was very refreshing. Easy to get everywhere as there is a bus stop outside and takes a few minutes to get to Waterloo and takes less than 10mins to walk to Vauxhall.
Am hoping to revisit the hotel next year for my 2nd anniversary as well :)

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade the day before your arrival and if they have spare rooms they are most likely...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pudds1980

Dear Guest,

I am glad to read that you returned to Riverbank to celebrate such a memorable occasion. Many thanks on behalf of all the team for the kind comments expressed about the service you received. I am happy to see that we could accommodate your upgrade to a Riverview room as such sights of the London skyline are highly sought after.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your 2nd Anniversary celebration, and thank you for choosing Park Plaza.