“Will be back” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #391 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Edmonton, Canada
“Will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

I booked this hotel for my trip to london, didn't know much about the area, but I wanted something central. I could not have made a better choice. The hotel was great, the rooms were very clean, modern and stylish. The service we got was great and the front desk was very helpful. The location could not be better, the Vauxhall underground is about 3 blocks away in one direction, the other direction is only about a 15 minute walk to Parliament and big ben. The hotel is right on the river so half the rooms have an amazing view. If you get a room looking the other way (like we did) you overlook the railway which is a reason to keep the curtains closed. The noise from the trains was hardly noticeable and we were on a lower floor right across from it. The area felt safe, even when walking back late at night. For the price it was well worth it to be within walking distance of so many attractions. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travellingrick10
NNieto, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, June 18, 2011
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to review Park Plaza Riverbank.

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and would like to thank you for your positive comments!

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts we would like to thank you for your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future!

+44 (0)2077692525

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (833)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Just returned from spending a weekend in this wonderful hotel. Upon arrival the check-in was quite busy but we were seen to within minutes. Room was not ready so waited for about 15 minutes on nice comfy sofas. When we eventually got our room. on the 10th floor. we were pleasantly surprised. The room was quite large compared to most London hotela we have stayed at and nice and airy. There is a tea & coffee tray provided, hot chocolate and biscuits.There is also a safe and iron & ironiing board & extra pillows in the wardrobe, if needed. The bathroom was beautiful and really spacious with a seperate walk in shower unit as well as a full size bath. Nice fluffy towels, face cloths. shower&bath gel.shampoo , shoe polish wipes and mouth wash.
Also a bath robe & slippers ( but only for one person?) didn`t matter really as it was not used, just thought i would mention it.!! Bed was really comfy and we had a really good nights sleep. Breakfast consisted of bacon,boiled or fried eggs, beans. tomato yummy sausage, and pancakes. Also had a healthier option of fruit, yogurt , toast and preserves
. Various types of bread rolls and fruit juices. All in all an excellent selection.
Cant comment on dinner as we ate out, but had a few drinks in the bar in the evening after our night on the town and it was a lovely way to wind down, It has a nice relaxing feel about it and is very chic,
The hotel is based almost opposite the house of parliament, the other side of the Thames but transport is quite good for any sightseeing. When you leave the hotel, walk
straight down the road on your left and you arrive at Vauxhall tube station ( there are steps to take you over the busy road) Opposite the tube station is a bus station and you can get a number 87 or 88 to all the main attractions like Parliament Square, Piccadilly, Regent St and Oxford St. We found the buses most convenient as they ran about every 5/10 minutes and if you have a pensioners bus pass thete is no charge, which is an added bonus. I could go on and on but dont wish to bore you but if you are thinking about a visit to London, this hotel will NOT disappoint. Forgot to mention all the wonderful staff, you are all a credit to this hotel. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.!!!!!!!!!!!! T & E Garvey

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank emg
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to review Park Plaza Riverbank.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

I stayed here for 1 night on 10 July 2011. Check in was a bit slow, despite four receptionists on duty. We were offered breakfast at a cheaper rate, if we booked at reception rather than in the restaurant at breakfast time. The room was a standard room, flat screen tv, efficient air-con. Lousy view of the railway line behind the hotel, but the room kept out any train noise. As per usual, there was only one easy chair in a double room.
The bath room had a separate shower and tub. There was plenty of room for two people to put their toiletries. There did seem to be a slight problem with the shower, I couldn't get it to stop running water after I'd turned it off.
Breakfast was between 7 and 11, so plenty of time to eat it! Breakfast was ok, but didn't really offer a great choice, but there was enough to eat and no problem finding a table or food.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NNieto, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to review Park Plaza Riverbank regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that your stay with us was overall enjoyable and would like to thank you for your positive comments on the hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel in regards to your check-in waiting time and shower, I have addressed your comments with the respective departments for review and action.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

We were in London for the first time for our 3 anniversary, while checking in happened to mention it to the receptionist and when we came into our room in the afternoon we had the sweetest postcard and complimentray bottle of wine :)

Staff (front des, concierge, restaurant or just crosseres) were always nice and helpful and made us feel happy to be there!

The room service was quick and good, loved the cocktails and the bkf buffet was more than enough to start up the day.

The room was very clean and confortable!

The location was PERFECT!

WILL GO BACK :)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SoniaServo
NNieto, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, June 11, 2011
Dear Sonia,

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and would like to thank you for your positive comments, we all over the moon believe me, so a big thank you from all staff here!

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our card and wine and on behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area, maybe for your 4th anniversary!

Falmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

We booked this fairly last minute as we needed to be near Waterloo. Had never heard of it and was a bit suspect about the area but TA reviews seemed ok and the price was sensible. It's very cool and modern - coolness of service on the edge of coldness but it seemed to fit the mood, not a problem. Room are great, very comfortable - good beds, fantastic bathroom and all mod cons. Our room was on the back overlooking the railway but we had one of the quietest nights we have ever had in central London and I will take that over a pretty view anytime! The carpets in the room and corridors are covered with literary quotes but no explanation anywhere as to why or their relevance - an apparent lack of any hotel info in the rooms meant we never found our what it was all about. So a good stay perhaps except a bizarre experience at breakfast which left us both bemused and amused.
We were told on check in that breakfast was served at level -1. We duly arrived only to be told by the maitre d' that we had been "upgraded to the 5* restaurant upstairs" and given a piece of paper. So up we went obediently to the Chino Latino restaurant on the ground floor and presented our key card and piece of paper. Fine says the new maitre d' showing us to a table, telling us very poiltely " you are entitled to only cold buffet not hot buffet" unless you pay an extra £6 each. Cold buffet looked great - ham, cheese, salmon, bakery , eggs that'll do nicely - "no thanks" says I. meanwhile everybody else was tucking into the hot buffet while we sat there quite happy but sure in the knowledge that we were very much second class citizens - should we be awfully naughty and nick a mushroom?! Our reservation said nothing about limited breakfast options and I was left wondering if we had not been "upgraded" (in fact, of course, fobbed off because the main breakfast room was full) whether we could have had a hot meal. If the management read this, it was clumsy and unnecessary guys - what we had had no less ingredient value as to what we would have had if we had been unrestricted and if it is just a ruse to get an extra £6 per head - well you are better than that. You will see from my TA profile that I have travelled a lot and so I know I am not being naive in this matter.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank housered
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your positive comments on the hotel and staff, however I am terribly sorry to hear of your breakfast experience, I totally understand your frustration, please accept our deepest apologies.

I have addressed your comments with our Food&Beverage Manager, who has ask me to extend his apologies on his behalf. This will be looked into and fully investigated, we believe this might have been a new member of staff, which is not an excuse, but is thank you to customers like you that we can work on improve on the quality of our services and product.

We sincerely hope that your stay with us was overall enjoyable. I would be most pleased to welcome you back,show you what we are capable of and be able to restore your faith in us.

Please do contact me or one of our Guest Relations Manager directly and we will make sure you do have not only a full breakfast, but an unforgettable stay with us!

PHX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

I booked this hotel using Hotwire (but fairly sure which property I would be getting). Although we were only staying for one precruise night, we were meeting our two sons stationed overseas and our friends. The concierge was very helpful in assisting me with additional rooms and airport pick ups to maximize our time.

The hotel is located on the Thames and it is only a short walk across the bridge to be in the heart of Westminster. The property is new, very clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet can be included for $10 GBP and is very nicely put out.

I was especially grateful to the front desk for upgrading us to a suite so that we could get a quick clean up after our early morning arrival before heading out for the day. It also gave us more room to make our son comfortable sharing with us. The beds were extremely comfortable and the bathrooms large and modern.

The one and only negative was regarding the airport pick up. We had an amazingly long immigration line wait of almost 2 hours. The driver believed we weren't coming and headed back to town. Given that we were pretty tired, this wasn't good news, but understandable. However, it was shortly rectified. The same driver returned for my son a few hours later. The concierge informed me that I would be charged for 2.5 pickups to offset the transport company's expense of the missed pickup. The transport ended up costing me far more than the room!

Even with the added expense, I would recommend this property to anyone wanting to be close to the heart of London for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: You will probably not have a river view if bookine
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and would like to thank you for your positive comments, believe me we all over the moon so a big than you on behalf of all the staff here!

I would like to apologize for the concerns you had in regards to your airport pick up, although i am glad to hear that this was resolved i will address your comments with our Head Concierge for review.

We thank you for your business and look forward to welcome you back hopefully in the not too distant future!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

This is a lovely hotel in a great location. Unfortunately it is not clear whether it is targeting package groups or a smarter market. Our check in was mixed up - we got one of the rooms we were promised (ie: not looking over the railway) but not the second. I double checked when chedking in and was told the rooms were not overlooking the railway. Unfortunately we didn't check ourselves but dropped our bags and went to eat - my son was asleep when we got back to the room so it was too late to change. After that we didn't want the hassles. The room with the requested extra bed was allocated to the wrong people (who checked in earlier) so the bed had to be moved. Breakfast on -1 was a budget offering, poor quality and total chaos. On day 2 it was so busy we were sent to breakfast on the ground floor which was good and as I had expected. I usually pay around the price or a little less when staying in London but have always got better service and value for money elsewhere

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
NNieto, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Dear Guest,

We sincerely hope that your stay with us was overall enjoyable, however I am terribly sorry to hear that your requests were not fully accommodated and due to internal miscommunication your expectatitons were not met. I guarantee you I take your comments very seriously and will be addressed with the respective Head of departments for review and action.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts we would like to apologize for the concerns you had while staying with us. Also i would like to take this opportunity to thank you for feedback and please, should you wish to come back do not hesitate to contact me or any of our Guest Relations Manager directly, we will not only be delighted to assist but also make sure you and your family do have a wonderful stay,