“Home away from home”

Ranked #3,346 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: haz Restaurant is a modern Mediterranean restaurant. haz claims all of its restaurants as the ultimate haven for those who would like to capture the true essence of the Mediterranean in the mist of London. With exquisite service and a world-renowned wine list haz promises to give you a dedicated experience that will take you to the heart of modern day Turkey. The menu presents an elegant, contemporary take on the traditional Mediterranean cuisine. The renowned Turkish cuisine is presented in the upmost quality ingredients with exceptional presentation. haz ensures every dish on the menu is a reflection of those traditional dishes and techniques used throughout the Mediterranean peninsula and Anatolia When you combine the alluring interior design, the flawless service and unrivalled cuisine, you can understand why haz Restaurant has been so admired since it first opened its doors in 2001. The haz Restaurant's are also experienced in private caters, delivering an experience that you will remember, be it a birthday party, christening, wedding anniversaries, engagement party or just an evening's edible with family and friends. haz allows you to create a specialised menu of two, three or even four course meals. At haz we want everyone to enjoy their few hours away from the city crowd and really embrace Turkish hospitality which they are so famous for. We welcome everyone with a warm greeting and wish everyone a divine lunch or astonishing evening with delight...
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have to say this is an excellent restaurant run by very friendly staff. I have been there for breakfast and lunch for business and pleasure and have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect including the impressive selection of champagne and even champagne beer. The course selection is highly original and delicious. Definitely a must if you are in town.

There are newer reviews for Haz Restaurant

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Our party of three opted for the Special offer five course taster menu. At £29 per meal it was fantastic value for money and consequently I expected to be guided towards the high end of the champagne dominated wine list (it is a champagne bar after all). My fears, however, were unfounded as the sommelier enquired if we wished to see the wine list without the presumption that he would be serving expensive wine.
The food itself was excellent, well prepared and served. Our waiter was attentive without being obtrusive and gave an overview of the composition of each dish as it was served. I think it is worth repeating that the food was excellent, the flavours delicate and presented as one might expect from a Michelin star restaurant.
I will most definitely return to Tirage as this is among my best dining experiences in recent years.

1  Thank David P
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I visited Tirage for a date, and it was simply perfect. It is split over two levels, and we were shown upstairs. The atmosphere in my opinion is more suited to fine dining upstairs - downstairs is more for people popping in to sample some of their beautiful champagnes on offer.

The head chef's menu really is a triumph - beautiful and unusual flavour combinations. The scallop ceviche with sorrel flower reduction was one of the nicest dishes I've ever tried. Washed down with a glass of Deutz Brut NV I was in heaven.

Pan fried ethically produced fois gras, tuna carpaccio and venison also stood out, and Roberta's champagne recommendations were all ace.

To the head chef, Mr Fraser, and the sommelier Roberta - keep doing what you're doing!

This is a must try.

2  Thank JontyStein
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We chose to go to Tirage for their Valentine's 5 course set menu with matching champagnes. It was our first time there and we had an excellent night. Greeted with a delicious glass and shown to our cosy high table with a red long stemmed rose. Every course had two or three choices with vegetarian, seafood and meat options. Every dish was beautifully presented, fresh and delicious and the matching champagnes each unique and perfectly paired to the flavours in the dishes.

The service was great and our waiter was very engaging and friendly.

One of the best meals we have had in London and would recommend to everyone!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I would like to start by saying I have never left a review for a restaurant in my life, but my experience at Tirage was so amazing I want other people to know about it, so they can go too!
I went to Tirage for Valentines Day/3 year Anniversary with my boyfriend. Upon arrival we were greeted by a lovely lady who took my coat, then a separate gentleman who took us upstairs to our table. We then were escorted by another member of staff to a sommelier who poured us a glass each of Perrier Jouet Rose Champagne. Then, finally, another member of staff took us to our table, where a red rose was waiting for me! I can safely say I have never felt more special in the space of two minutes. We deliberated over the delicious set Valentines menu, but finally decided on Oysters, (ethically produced) Foie Gras, and Venison. Every plate was a work of art and so incredibly more-ish! For dessert we ordered the Champagne and Mango cheesecake (which the staff decorated with a happy 3 year Anniversary message for us!), and the Cheeseboard (which was a truffle infused Brie - I could have eaten this forever). We decided to stay for another drink, and the owner of the restaurant came to chat to us about how he started the restaurant, and why he has chosen certain ideas (eg. light Brazilian music because his daughter is Brazilian - awww!). He introduced us to his wife, took our names for future reference, and got me my coat (which had been warmed up over a heater so was lovely and toasty to put on).
I have never enjoyed a restaurant so much, the food is to die for and the drink prices are set just below average so they are affordable.
I will be returning to Tirage as a very regular customer!

(Ladies also note - they have a one person lift going from the top floor restaurant to the basement where the toilets are - this is great for when you are in very high shoes and don't want to walk!!)

1  Thank jasmineceleste01