“Good quality” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #326 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Good quality for the price. Nice, comfortable rooms and good connection with the center of London with walking distance to the underground station. Would recommend to everyone who doesn't want to pay so much money for accommodation in central London.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Myself and 2 others stayed in a standard room for one night for a show at the o2.

Due to the 3rd person needing a sofa bed, the room was very small and difficult to move around on top of being very dark with bad lighting. The bathroom was probably the best part of the room; clean, light and spacious, and the shower probably the strongest and best i've experienced in hotels. My sister and friend both found the double bed provided very comfortable and slept well, I on the other hand the complete opposite on the sofa bed. It was what I would have expected from a cheap home sofa bed but for £210 for the room I was hoping for a lot more than what I had, which was lumps and bumps and dips in the middle. I am a light sleeper so can't blame the hotel entirely for the other reasons for my lack of sleep but firstly the aircon/heater provided made noise constantly throughout the night as well as a door banging over and over from below (possibly downstairs in the lobby) this was loudest/most noticeable/kept me wide awake between 3-4 am. I know this is overly picky, but did affect my opinion of my stay.

The breakfast the next morning was very good and I loved how much choice there was. The staff were also very friendly and cheerful, we were mainly served by a blonde lady (possibly french) who was lovely and when I replied how I slept, gave us our parking free. I know this isnt much, but was very much appreciated.

I would stay here again due to the close proximity to the o2, but remember to ask for a higher floor and take my earplugs!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Paulina P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to The O2.
I am very sorry to read that you did not have a good night’s sleep. With regards to the heating units, they should not make any noise at all so our maintenance team will be looking into this matter immediately.

I was also disappointed to read your comments about the noise from the corridors during the night. Our security team is checking the hotel floors on a regular basis in order to make sure there are no interruptions during the night. Therefore, I would like to thank you for bringing it to our attention as this issue needs to be addressed.

It is encouraging to know that our complimentary breakfast lived up to your expectations. Also, I would like to thank you for the nice comment about one of our staff members. I will be passing your kind words to her and I can assure you she will be delighted to hear that you felt you were well looked after.

Once again, thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us and I hope to get a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,
Folkestone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my two children after the x Factor show at the 02 arena . 10-15 minute walk from the hotel to the 02 or £5 in a taxi . Route well lit and I felt safe as lots of people milling around . Check in at the hotel swift . Staff polite and helpful . Room perfectly adequate . Breakfast was fine , plenty of choice . No complaints really ! Would stay here again if the need arose .

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Paulina P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

May I thank you for choosing to stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Greenwich and for sharing such positive feedback.

The team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed your room, location and service. It really is encouraging to read such a positive review as it keeps us motivated to deliver the absolute best service we can provide so that every guest enjoys every second of their stay!!

Once again, thank you for sharing such kind comments, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights just this last weekend to attend a two day event at the O2 and it was really quite good. We checked in about an hour early and the room was ready. Very clean, comfortable and enough room. The staff were great - very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was 'slightly' more than adequate: cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit, pastries and cooked offerings, although no bacon on offer at all. The only two downsides to the room were that the air con only went down to 19; and the hairdryer was pretty naff. Apart from that it was great.

The walk to the O2 is about 20 minutes at a decent stride, but it's well worth it compared to a couple of hours journey late at night.

We'll definitely use it again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Large room, comfortable enough and good value for what we paid, especially considering proximity to the o2. Would probably not stay in this location for reasons other than going to o2 or Canary Wharf/Excel Centre. The staff are the main asset to the hotel, all smiling, helpful and friendly, especially one chap at breakfast and the two people we met at reception at check in and out. Hotel is showing its age a bit and could do with a bit of a spruce up. Lifts we found to be temperamental as the key cards didn't always seem to work. Breakfast food quality was pretty poor and such a small space meant a long and slow queue. Probably would not bother staying for breakfast if we stayed at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Paulina P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am really glad that you mentioned the friendliness and politeness of our staff. It is a pleasure for us to provide great experience to our guests and it is even more enjoyable when we receive such a nice recognition.

With regards to our complimentary breakfast, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I would like to assure you that your comments will be passed on to our senior management as we take our guests' feedback very seriously.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back here at Greenwich.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the holiday inn express for 3 nights. Only a 10 min walk to the O2 which was perfect. We had a twin room which was a surprise as I'm sure I asked for a double. Not a massive problem though. You get a free breakfast which was simple but enjoyed very much. The hotel was very clean and the beds were very comfy. My only issue is the check out time is 12noon, which is great if it wasn't so nosy in the morning. From 9am all I could hear was slamming doors and loud footsteps. Our room was near the lift and stairs so just stay away from 202. Real shame as otherwise it was great. Perfect if your an early riser and perfect for the O2.

Stayed March 2014
King's Lynn, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

We have just stayed in this hotel, to visit to 02 in London. you can see the o2 from the hotel. the room was clean and tidy, and breakfast was ok for a free breakfast. I would recommend this hotel

the walk from the hotel to the O2 is about, 10 Minuets or so and very safe and easy.

Room Tip: higher floors have a lift to all floors, which can only be used by hotel guests. car park is ok. we...