My family came to London for an ancient artefacts exhibition. Also, we found out that there was a football club for children nearby and put down my younger brother's name. Back in the 60s or 70s my parents went to a famous Egyptian exhibition and were very excited about going to a similar one. The hotel staff were friendly enough but didn't often make eye contact. The food in the Chinese restaurant was good and the people there were very friendly. When we returned to our room for the evening, the entire corridor smelled of cigarette smoke, and some people were drunk and shouting outside our room in the middle of the night. My brother was upset and we didn't sleep well. In the morning we tried to raise these points with the reception staff but they just ignored us :-(
One last thing, we had a short walk to the O2 and the tube station and couldn't help but notice an overpowering smell of bad milk in the area! What I got from this hotel experience is that it smells like cigarettes inside and smells like off milk outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Holiday Inn Express London-Greenwich, the closest hotel to the O2 Arena. You can see the O2 Arena and the sparkling lights of Canary Wharf's high-rise offices reflected on the River Thames from our modern hotel. Holiday Inn Express London-Greenwich is conveniently located just off the A102 and 15 minutes by car from London City Airport. Stroll to the nearby O2 Arena for sports events and big-name concerts or catch an Underground train into central London from North Greenwich station, 10 minutes' walk away. Holiday Inn Express London-Greenwich is a handy base for business, 15 minutes' drive from exhibitions and conferences at ExCeL. We have plenty of parking space and a self-service Business Centre open 24 hours. Host a workshop for up to 35 people in one of our 2 modern meeting rooms. Underground trains from North Greenwich station speed you to central London sights like majestic Buckingham Palace. Stay local to set your watch at Greenwich's hill-top Royal Observatory. Children under 18 stay free in our family rooms, making us a good-value choice. Help yourself at the inclusive hot breakfast buffet in Holiday Inn Express London-Greenwich's bright Great Room. Choose from our range of bar meals and mingle over drinks in the Lobby bar. Free Wi-Fi available throughout. Wi-Fi is free for guests who book directly with the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Express London - Greenwich England