I had a great five nigh stay at the HI Express - Swiss Cottage with my family in June 2012. This is a modern building, which is a real plus in London. The hotel is down the block from the Finchley Rd underground station on the Jubilee Line, which allows easy access to all locations in London and train stations for day trips. The rooms are small by American standards, but are clean and pleasant and a real bargain at London prices. Storage space in the room is limited, however, with only some shelving and a small hanger rack rather than dressers and closets. AC is available in each room, but we had to call the front desk to get it turned on (it came on very quickly). Internet access is available for a fee, but if you join the HI Priority One club (for free) you get 1-hour of free Wi-Fi access each day. Priority One members also get a free local newspaper of their choice each day. There are several good neighborhood restaurants in the area and I recommend Passage to India if you want Indian food. The hotel provides a free English breakfast, but it is not geared to the health-conscious. If you'd like to acquire some food of your own, there is a Sainsbury supermarket in the mini-mall across the street and another by the underground stop. There are no refrigerators in the rooms, however, so your options are a bit limited. The staff is largely non-British, which seems to be the norm in London at this price range, but all spoke excellent (if accented) English. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the enjoyment of a warm welcome & benefit from convenient location at the Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage – 7 minutes from central London.This newly renovated, contemporary hotel, has excellent transport links being adjacent to Finchley Road Tube station. Finchley Road & Frognal overground station is also only 3 mins walk from the Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage. National Express coaches serving Stansted & Luton stop directly outside the hotel. Enjoy sightseeing & the culture London has to offer by hopping on an 82, 113 or 13 Routemaster bus.Attentive, friendly & multi-lingual staff are waiting to welcome you 24 hours a day to make you feel comfortable and at home by providing you with information about the local area & beyond.Begin & end your day in friendly, sociable surroundings - Start your day with our compliments with free Continental Breakfast & a selection of hot items from the buffet.Relax & unwind after a day’s business or sightseeing in our Cocktail Lounge by enjoying a leisurely drink or one of our speciality hot beverages.42" plasma screens keep you up to date with current affairs and sporting events.Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage has one naturally lit, fully air-conditioned meeting perfect for business meetings for up to 25 people. Our lobby area with wireless internet serves as a break out area for lunches and offers secluded areas suitable for private meetings.The Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage is two train stops from Lord’s Cricket Ground, 4 stops from the West End, Theatreland & central London. It is one train stop from Wembley and with excellent transport links, Westfield (White City & Stratford), Earls Court, Heathrow Airport, Hampstead, Camden Market, Kings Cross St Pancras (Eurostar) and Euston are all in easy reach.When travelling by car, the Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage is conveniently located outside the congestion zone. Our hotel has limited on site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London
- Holiday Inn Express London-Swiss Cottage England