See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 25, 2018

If you're looking for the definition of con artists, you've just found it. We are leaving for London this evening with a group of 5 friends, and just received an e-mail notifying us that Hashtag South Kensington is currently bankrupt. They stated that "the building is underground renovation since the change of the ownership". We made reservations in January and received this e-mail at 2.30 PM on the day of check-in. Unbelievable and totally unacceptable. So if you would like to make reservations and actually have a place to sleep during your trip to London, I would recommend you look for it some place else. Anywhere else, but here.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

If staying a few days or a week this location is great for jumping on the Piccadilly tube or District Line. There is a constant parade of busses through this hotspot too. Sirens can be a bit annoying so close to Cromwell Hospital but if you want to be so close in to such a big city, it’s the price you pay.
This is very compact but it is certainly affordable but it can’t really be compared to a hotel when it comes to space. Beds are very comfortable but have been crammed in to a tiny room with cheap hanging space and2 drawers. There is barely a hand space at the foot of the bed, which makes getting up in the night pretty challenging.
It is billed as self contained kitchen and bathroom but there is no plug in kitchen sink, no tea towel or dish washing detergent. It has a working microwave and 2 stovetop plates, which we have not used. Everything is freshly painted and clean. Rubbishy is removed daily but it is budget. It has a tiny lift which is a great alternative to carrying your luggage up multiple flights of stairs.
Can’t speak highly enough of the staff who have been very helpful and courteous.
I would recommend it if you know it’s not fancy but a place to crash at night. Not suitable for children.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

The pictures do not in anyway shape or form reflect the room upon check in! We arrived to a lukewarm reception. The person on the desk wasn’t very nice. When we arrived in our room we noticed hair on both beds, on top of the covers and underneath. I immediately reported this at reception and a maid with very limited English was sent up with me to check! Like I wasn’t believed at all.

The second room was disgusting as well, I tried finding someone to tell them but as I went to the office and knocked on the door I heard voices but upon knocking all talking from inside the office stopped.

The bathroom was disgusting, the toilet seat was chipped and cracked, the bedroom floor had chips and dents in it, the walls were dirty and the bedding was awful. The towels provided were coarse and stained.

When we asked for new towels and bedding we were denied, I told the maid that we’d been forced to use the same towels for two days she didn’t seem to care at all, after practically begging we got our towels replaced but only one , not acceptable as they knew there were two guests in the room , the towel was stained with lipstick. our confirmation email listed amenities that came with the room, none of these existed. Our cooker was a rusty plug in hobb.

Our beds were made with the same sheets we’d be sleeping on for two days also. The room was seriously below par and not reflective of what was sold online. We left early and stayed out late to avoid staying there. We checked the mattress and both had stains on them. There was a crack on the window covered by a piece of card. The curtains were dirty & stained also. I could go on & on. Bottom line I’m devastated to have put my niece through a three night here. We tried to book somewhere else but as the London marathon was on so everywhere was booked up. Guys do me a favour and book somewhere else, you’ll thank me for it later.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2018

I I stayed 4 nights in this nice apartment. The location is perfect as close to the metro station, ideal for getting around and visiting the city. the room is clean and the owner has given us a lot of information to move us to london. the price is not excessive

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Location is very convenient, close to Earl's Court station and markets.
The apartment was on Hogarth Road, with a view to the train track (a bit noisy). Sixth floor without lift, at least less trains noise.
The curtains do not prevent early morning light to enter bedrooms. WiFi was not working.
Booked for 4 people, with 5 beds in two bedrooms. But only 3 chairs in the apartment.
Some hair on pillows.
The mirror light in the bathroom was not working. The toilet flush kept flowing, need to shut the doors to sleep in the night.
Wi-fi was not working, we told the receptionist, but was not solved.
No cloth in the kitchen, few plates. Trash was taken away only on the fifth day.
Personnel at reception was generally kind and allowed us to check-in since 2 pm.

995 pounds for 5 nights (4 people), charged one month earlier. No refund/cancellation option after reservation.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family