“Really nice place to stay. Friendly staff”

Knaresborough Place Short Stay Apartments
Ranked #965 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights in this hotel. Very comfortable and the staff were very friendly, smiling all the time and responsive. It's very close to Earls Court underground station. It was very convenient and the area was clean. Hotel was also clean all the time. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 3Mike3

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We booked a 1 bedroom apartment for 5 nights. No sign of a kitchen. There was a microwave, a kelltle and a strange collection of cutlery of a poor quality. Beds were O.K. but sheets old and damaged. Room was cleaned every day, towels were replaced, but not the sheets. We asked for cups and saucers and did not get them. We asked for 2 wine glasses and a corck screw and did not get them.
One of the chairs broke and was not replaced. The showe did not provide nice warm to hot water.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Joostams
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Everything was a nightmare. There was no soap in the toilets and four Russian builders working until 2am underneath my room. Despite telling them to stop, being almost threatened because they would not get paid if they did not complete the room, i tracked down the owner who had left the building! Calling he owner who let them continue so they could make money on the room the following night, I left mid stay. Disaster of a place.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Adrian J
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This is my worst experience of booking the hotel.The host of the hotel cancel my room without confirming with me,and then transfer to another lower price hotel ,but take the original price of money from my credit card in advance.

6  Thank Simonxu
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I travel a lot for both business and pleasure and we all learn to match our expectations to how much we pay and the type of accomodation, but this placewas a little special.

A business colleague had booked this room for me. He and my colleagues were staying at the Think apartments where he had stayed before.

I arrived initially at about 8 pm and wanted to check in quickly as I had a taxi waiting with a colleague inside to go out for dinner. So after I had been 'checked-in' - more like I was a potential illegal immigrant (photo id to be copied etc). This process took so long (and I am a UK citizen) that I had to leave without seeing as I felt bad to make my colleague wait. I came back later and found my room at the top of the building after an interesting ride in an antique lift.
On entering my 'suite' there was a smell of dampness but otherwise it did not look too bad. There was a small sofa and a flat screen TV with a small kitchen are near the door. The bedroom was separate and had no TV. Being in the eaves it was very warm in the unseasonal April warmth of 2011. It had been a long day and I was very tired. When I went to bed I pulled back the duvet and there was a very long black hair on the crumpled sheet. This bed had clearly not been changed since the last guest.
I guessed my only options were to sleep there or leave the building and I was simply too tired to start hunting for scarce rooms in this area at that time. I put this down to a 'travel experience' and told myself that this would not be a bad room if I were in some very poor countries and I thought of Michael Palin in his travel exploits in Africa.
I left the next day. I handed my key into the 'management suite' where all of the family members were having tea (well what other pressing hotel business was there to do?)
Always check your room when you arrive in any hotel or apartment.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
12  Thank ChilliTravelReviewer
Reviewed April 5, 2011

When we got to the hotel, we were hungry and tired. But there was no time for rest. They ended up taking us to their 'sister' hotel since they were booked and something was wrong with the pipes as they say. When we told them this 'sister' hotel told us it wasn't their sister hotel, it was not what we paid for, which ended up being a one star hotel and very dirty. We told them we wanted a refund. They gave us a option to the room we originally wanted or we have to pay a cancellation fee. We didn't understand why they made us go through all this trouble. Should a hotel book you a reservation at a different hotel under their credit card? This is what we found out. We felt so unsafe to think they wasted our first day in London, a trip we were looking forward to. If you want to lose your money and end up having to find a safe place to stay, do not stay here.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank Seka26
Reviewed November 2, 2010

We arrived at the apartment quite early although, the check-in time was 14:00. We got greeted by the owner who was kind and polite. Filled in all the details he required and then gave us the keys. Inspite of my husband calling up and telling the owner that we have a 6 year old daughter with us, he said at first he will charge us £15 but we ultimately settled for £10 for a bed. Gave us a nice single comfy bed (Ikea) which easily fitted in the Studio Apartment after doing some adjustment.

The room had a nice little pantry kitchen, fridge, microwave & kettle. There was hardly any plates or mugs. They had kept 2 plates, 2 bowls and 2 Mugs. There were a lot of spoons, no forks and no Knifes at all. Also, the salt & pepper were almost empty...

The Serviced apartment was in a walk able distance from all the amenities such as Waitrose, Nandos, Sainsbury, Wagamama's and many more...you spoilt for choice of food.

The apartment is close to the main road, but when you have been out since morning and come back to the room in the evening you are so tired that you dont notice the vehicle noise at all....you just drop dead on the nice comfy bed.

We choose this serviced apartment which was close to 3 Museums...over all the stay was good...and for that money its not too bad!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family