“Excellent stay... Wonderful and friendly staff!”

Novotel London Greenwich
Ranked #254 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel during my visit to London in the beginning of May. I have to say that the experience was WONDERFUL. The hotel was very clean, very up to date, and even though it was close to the Underground, you heard absolutely nothing. The staff was very friendly, and very helpful, even assisting with the location of a store where we could get a SIM card. For a great experience in the Greenwich section of London (east), I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Jogchum S, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Your words of appreciation and recommendation on TripAdvisor simply made my day!

I will personally share every single word with my team and management, as it shows that our mission was accomplished: we provided another great stay at Novotel London Greenwich.

This is our daily target, and our passion as well, and I am looking forward to welcome you again for another unforgettable stay.

Have a lovely sunday.

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,975)

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed here last weekend as part of a romantic getaway. The hotel is in a decent location with good links to transport and shops. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so we had to leave our luggage at reception and go and kill some time. On our return we had a 20 minute wait to get our luggage and complete check in.
We were given a dingy room on the lower ground floor with a veiw of a brick wall from the window. We could hear plumbing noise (running water) through the ceiling and were obviously very near the kitchen as the next morning I was awoken by both the plumbing sounds and the sound of dishes & cuttlery.
We were offered a complimentary newspaper but it didn't get delivered. When we complained at reception we were simply assured that we hadn't been charged for it (hardly the point) and didn't even get an apology.
As for our complaint about the plumbing noise, the reception was again unhelpful and didn't apologise for the inconvenience caused.
All in all an awful night's sleep followed by sub standard front of house service. All of which is a real shame because the hotel is actually quite impressive.
Had we been told on booking that we'd be getting a room on the lower ground floor with a brick wall for a view we'd have cancelled. Very, very disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bombus17

Dear Guest,

I am really sad to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations as Novotel London Greenwich is well known for its fantastic products and great customer service, as you can see on TripAdvisor also.

As I would like to look after you and understand exactly what happened with more details, I would need to kindly ask you to contact me directly at h3476-fo@accor.com

Please accept my sincerest apologies and be sure I will take care of your case and hopefully you will give us another chance to provide you a great stay at Novotel London Greenwich.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed with my colleagues for a meeting and trip to the 02, Easy to find, in a nice area and very convenient to the DLR. Right behind the Hotel in fact ! Staff were really helpful and very pleasant, Room was fine, bed was very comfortable and breakfast really good compared to most big chains. Only draw back, drinks are rather expensive.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Georgie57
Jogchum S, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am really glad to see that your stay reached your expectations at Novotel London Greenwich, and I would like to say 'THANK YOU' for your kind words and recommendation on TripAdvisor.

Your comments will help us to keep improving our products and services on a daily basis, and I am sure you next stay will be even more enjoyable.

I am looking forward to welcome and serve you again very soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Booked here through last minute secret hotel (easy to work out was Novotel) and got a very good deal. Hotel is great if you are visiting Greenwich and also if visiting London but want to stay outside the hustle and bustle. DLR and rail connection right by hotel, 20 mins train straight to Charing Cross and DLR access but slightly longer into London.

Had breakfast one day and was okay but food wasnt the hottest, but plenty of choice and staff were very attentive.

Only issue was slightly noisy as room overlooked train station, was on 5th floor and could hear though a couple of pints and I slept soundly but wife could hear. Could have asked to move to front of hotel but wasnt a big issue for us but might be if you are a light sleeper.

Car park £14 a night which for London is not bad and the hotels own underground car park with very good security and spaces were a reasonable size so if there for a cple of days not bad value.

All staff reception, restaurant, housekeeping very pleasant and would definitely consider staying again if looking for visit to London

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jogchum S, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, thank you for taking some of your precious time sharing your recent experience at Novotel London Greenwich on TripAdvisor.

I am also grateful for your kind words of appreciation and for recommending our hotel here, as this is definitely the result of our daily efforts.

Be sure we are looking forward to welcome you againfor another enjoyable stay with us!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Booked here from a choice of hotels in a London package deal as it was superbly located to the local rail line straight into the heart of London and was the best of those offered to me. Greenwich is a lovely stay location in itself, and it's quite fun to train, tube or even boat ride into the city. Smart reception, pleasant and professional team, and a generally clean, modern room with a spacious bed and good free TV choice. En-suite actually included a bath, which many don't. Only downsides were the pricey breakfast - £16- and a couple of old, unsightly stains on the carpet. Tripadvisor reviews recommended getting a room high up or at the front because of the local rail line running along the back, and when I phoned the staff were very helpful; I had a fourth floor room facing the front, and it was quiet as the grave. Very happy overall- I'd use it again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LordFlasheart
Jogchum S, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

You made my day happier with your detailed, kind and honest review in regards to your recent stay at Novotel London Greenwich.

I am sure that your words of appreciation and satisfaction will serve as a motivation to encourage my team to keep giving the best to every guest in terms of customer care, products and services on a daily basis.

Thank you so much for your stay and for sharing this experience with us, and I am looking forward to welcome and serve you again very shortly.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Great location right next to Greenwich DLR station and 5 minutes walk from centre of Greenwich, Cutty Sark, Park and Museums. Hotel offers the usual Novotel experience, Rooms/bathrooms ssem to be niew or recently refitted - everything was fin. Staff were friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Jogchum S, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

You made my day with your kind and honest review in regards to your recent stay at Novotel London Greenwich.

I am really proud of my staff and happy for your recommendation on TripAdvisor, that I cannot find better words than "THANK YOU VERY MUCH" for that.

All staff and management is looking forward to welcome you again very shortly.