“All hotels should be like this”

Novotel London Greenwich
Ranked #254 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
United Kingdom
“All hotels should be like this”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is the second time that we've stayed at this particular hotel and it won't be the last! It was a special occasion and the staff went above and beyond our normal expectations to make it even better.
The location of this hotel is great; Greenwich Market, the Cutty Sark and the Royal Observatory are within a ten minute walk and access into the City is really easy as the DLR station is next to the hotel (get the ticket that allows you to use the tube all day (we paid £21 for two adults and one child)).
As other reviewers have said, parking is limited (just like the rest of London) so it would be worthwhile calling ahead to check availability and checking to see if there is an alternative.
Service, be it at the main reception or at the breakfast buffet, was quick, friendly and efficient and nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are a little noisier than the front due to the railway station. This...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Reds2501
Jogchum S, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

You simply made my day when you stated "All hotels should be like this"!
I am really glad for your comments and recommendation on TripAdvisor, as it means we are doing really well what we love to do: Hospitality!

I will share your comments with my staff - I am really proud of them - and management, in order to keep our high standard with every single guest.

Thank you so much for your stay and kind review, and be sure all team is looking forward to welcome and serve you during your next stay with us!

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Exeter
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Just come back from our third stay at the Novotel at Greenwich. Really handy location next to the DLR with an underground car park where we have always managed to find a space.

Buffet breakfast, with lots of choice.

Lovely clean and fresh rooms.

Staff are always friendly and professional.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jogchum S, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very happy and grateful for your kind and honest review in regards to your recent stay at Novotel London Greenwich.

Also, I have no words to express how important is your recommendation on TripAdvisor.

I will definitely share your comments with all staff and management, and I am sure that it will be taken as an incentive to keep offering the best customer service on a daily basis to every single guest.

Kind Regards,
Sutton Coldfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Just come back from this hotel after spending 2 nights there. The location is amazing and right next door to the DLR. For the price I was not expecting much but on arrival was pleasantly surprised. We used the underground parking which is limited due to its size. The room had a double bed and 2 single beds made up for the kids. The room was clean and bigger than what I normally get in London . We were allowed to check in early as our room was ready so we could head into London. 10mins on the DLR and change at canary wharf to get the jubilee line into London. takes about 25 mins to get you standing outside west Minster.

The view out of our room was is the train station and tracks. I was scared that we would not get any sleep but I can honestly say I never heard it. It may be that we were exhausted after running around London.

Each evening we had a drink in the bar which the staff were brilliant. I like white wine which is really cold. So they got me an ice bucket and filled it with ice. Then left it for me until it was cold enough for me. They chatted to my kids and they played on the Xbox that is set up for them.

The best thing about this hotel is that on a Sunday you can check out a 5pm. So we gained another day in London.

It is not a claridges but it is modern, very clean, friendly, competitively priced, great location and great for families

If I can afford it I will use it again next year.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank John P
Jogchum S, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking some of your precious time reviewing your recent stay with us, and for recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Your comment made me have the feeling of "Mission Accomplished", as at Novotel London Greenwich, we are giving our best to every guest, to create the perfect "home atmosphere", and assure a return in the future.

I can tell you also that for us this is natural, as here everybody is doing hospitality with love, giving to each guest what we would like to receive.

Thank you once again, and I am looking forward to welcome you again very soon!

Warmest Regards,
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed here for a 3 night break in April and were very impressed with the hotel. Check-in was quick and the staff were very friendly. We had a room on the 4th floor and there was never an issue with noise from the trains. Room was spacious enough for 2 adults and a child, our daughter sleeping on the bed settee. Showers were very good.
Greenwich itself is very nice, we visited the nearby park and took in the Royal Observatory and then a short walk to the Cutty Sark. Greenwich village is lovely and we enjoyed the market on the Sunday morning. Lots of cafes and restaurants close to the hotel.
Location wise the hotel is less than 50 metres from Greenwich tube station and we travelled in and out of central London each day, journey takes about 35 minutes. Next time we come to London we will stay here once again and we would recommend this hotel to others.
We did not eat breakfast in the hotel but each morning when we left the hotel we noticed a large queue at the restaurant so I can only imagine the breakfasts are pretty good.
We sat in the bar each evening and there was a nice and relaxing atmosphere. There's games and computers for the children to play on.
What makes this hotel stand out is the attitude of the staff, always enquiring as to how we are and what we have planned for the day and offering advice. Thank you Novotel,

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I have no words beautiful enough to express my happiness while I was reading your kind, detailed and honest comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Also, I would like to say that your review and recommendation on TripAdvisor means a lot to us, as for our team this is the best prize for our daily efforts.

I am looking forward to welcome you back for another unforgettable stay at Novotel London Greenwich!

Kind Regards,
Marzio GRAVA
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here for a conference in April 2014. Nice spacious room, surprisingly very quiet (I had been concerned about the proximity to the trains but it was not an issue at all), decent breakfast at the Elements restaurant, very convenient to Canary Wharf as the hotel is right next door to the DLR.

The gym was small but functional.

Check in and check out was efficient. Wake up call was on time.

Some nice pubs nearby.

Very good value for money in my opinion.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the main road. Very quiet. No issues.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jogchum S, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

There is nothing better for us than to see your happiness after to stay at our hotel.
Your comments are the best way to encourage our team to keep offering the best customer service to every guest.

I wish you a beautiful weekend, and be sure all team is waiting to welcome you again at Novotel London Greenwich.

sheffield, uk
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had a family room on the 5th floor. Room was clean. Kids loved the view of the train station. Was a warm weekend, ac in room didn't adequately cool the room at night so we had to leave the window open. Unfortunately this felt like trying to sleep in grand central station. Poor nights sleep. We did complain to reception but their response was to note on our file that we would prefer a room on the other side of the hotel next time. Was disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank emmaSheffield_Uk
Dear Guest,

Our hotel is known in the UK for its high quality in customer service and products, and your comment made me feel really sad that we could not provide you the stay you desired.

Feel free to contact us directly for further information - if needed - as our target is to improve our hotel on a daily basis, and every comment is helping us with it.

I really hope you give us another chance to provide you an unforgettable stay at Novotel London Greenwich!