“Very comfortable, great location for O2”

Novotel London Greenwich
Ranked #250 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Edinburgh
“Very comfortable, great location for O2”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have stayed here twice for events at the O2, once as a family and once a couple. Very comfortable bed, great to actually get full size bath towels for a change. Pleasant atmosphere in the bar. Easy to catch bus along to O2. Lovely to wander round Greenwich.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I am delighted that you chose our hotel again and glad you appreciated our facilities and the level of service delivered by the team.
I hope to welcome you again soon.
Sincerely yours.
Cyril VOURC'H-PAPON

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
blackpool
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with my elderly Parents , the staff were amazing , the beds were very comfy , nice modern bathroom with bath and shower , separate loo. We had a comfy king size bed with sofa , and my parents had a twin , with 2 4ft singles and a chair . Disabled rooms were also available . rooms also have hair dryer , and iron and ironing board . ......The hotel is just down the road from town in the heart of Greenwich , close to park and literally next door to train station ...... the hotel has a lovely modern bar area , staff are very helpful , internet stations all over the place , sky tv in bar . It's a lovely hotel , in a lovely place , within walking distance to the Thames , Cutty Sark , millions of trendy bars and eateries , Museums , fabulous market which had international food to die for . Would recommend this place to everyone , carnet wait to go back !,!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank theFockers
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
I am truly happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us. I have shared your warm words with my whole team regarding their high standard of services. As a matter of fact, positive feedback is always encouraging and rewarding.
I hope to welcome you again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The hotel wasn't bad by any means, but I would have expected more out of a 4 star. It felt fairly bland, not many amenities, some things you would expect weren't there (like an alarm clock or cable TV included in your stay).

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments following your recent stay at Novotel London Greenwich. I am sorry to hear we haven't met your expections and I am surprise to read that available amenities couldn't be located (Eg: we do provide an alarm clock which can be set up on the TV and alternatively requested to my reception team...).

We hope you will stay again with us when you next visit London and I would recommend you visit the Novotel website to benefit from the best rate guarantee.

Kind regards
Rotherham
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights in November, as I have done for the last few years. The location of the hotel is excellent for exploring Greenwich itself but also allows easy access to the city and the Docklands area. The staff are very attentive, facilities modern, public areas and bedrooms are functional and spotlessly clean. Breakfast is buffet with an excellent selection of hot and cold items. Thank you Novotel Greenwich and I look forward to staying again next year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. I was delighted that you enjoyed the atmosphere we create in the hotel along with the service we provide. I have passed on your kind words to the team here and I do hope that you can come to stay with us once again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I live quite locally but my partner and I thought it would be good to spend the night in a hotel after my retirement party. It cost £285 for bed and breakfast and £13 for parking. The room was small and although there were only two of us a sofa bed was made up which meant there was hardly space to walk around the room. The bathroom was tiny! The room overlooked a building site and there was noise from the trains. The accommodation was what I would expect from a budget hotel. There was a problem with the staff too. They were friendly, but were not sufficiently fluent in English to be of help. Our stay was in July and I wrote a letter of complaint. I received an email to say that someone would look into my concerns, but I received no further correspondence. It was very disappointing and spoilt an otherwise perfect day!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Diane A
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent visit at the hotel. I was extremely disappointed to read of your experience and I would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you both on what should have been a special occasion.