“hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Mills, United Kingdom
“hotel”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

we chose this hotel because of its location,because it was near to the start of the london marathon which i was participating in and the staff were all very friendly and couldnt do enough to help all in all a great hotel

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the positive comments which I will pass onto the staff.
Hopefully see you back here in the near future.
Cyril VOURC'H-PAPON

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Burlington, VT
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here on a recent business trip to London, thinking Greenwich might be an interesting alternative. While conveniently located next to Greenwich DLR station for easy access to London, I found several drawbacks. the rooms are a very peculiar design, with the toilet being in a separate location from the rest of the bathroom (ie - not adjacent). This requires visiting two different locations within your room to use - awkward design to say the least. Also found the rooms stuffy - very difficult to get proper ventilation from heating/cooling system. Finally, wifi is shockingly poor service. Novotel outsources to Orange, France and it is very poor quality. Connections constantly dropped, requires passwords and logins every ten minutes, can't direct bill to hotel, etc. In the end the wifi wasn't functional. when I mentioned this and complained to management they simply distanced themselves from the problem saying it was out of their control. So I was forced to call France to resolve problems, and of course was unable to due to typical French bureaucracy. So to summarize, wouldn't repeat this experience again. Greenwich has its set of charms, but the Novotel doesn't match them. On the positive side, the front desk staff are extremely pleasant and try their best despite the limitations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank jdr27
Thank you for taking the time to post this review.
I am glad to read you were impressed with the team and the service provided.
I am truly sorry to read however that you were dissatisfied with the wifi service provided by Orange. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you unfortunately experienced and I can appreciate that this must have been very frustrating. On a positive note I am happy to inform you that a new internet provider is going to take over shortly and we will move to a free Wifi solution.
I also note that you were not happy with the fact that toilets are seperated from the bathroom. I took on board your comments and will review this when refurbishing our bedroom.
I hope to welcome you again soon.
Hoogland, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We travelled to this hotel by car. It was easy to reach and contained good parking facilities at affordable prices. The hotel is very comfortable, nice, clean, friendly reception, excellent breakfast and offers good internet facilities in the lobby (good time spending for kids to stay in touch with friends).

We were pleased to have a family room to facilitate 2 adults and 2 children, age 12 and 14.

Connection to central London is right next door, metro line, giving you maximum time to enjoy the city against affordable prices. Central hotels may take less teansportation, but are not as relaxed as the Novotel. Tickets can be purchased at the ticket office, 2 minutes from hotel.

We enjoyed the Christmas period, at which time there is also a Christmas market in Greenwich. The Maritime museum is 10 minutes walking from the hotel (recommended) and it is also a good area to do some running in the morning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hopefully see you back here in the near future.
gloucester
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is probably one of the most comfortable hotels we have stayed in and we have stayed in hundreds. First, very polite and pleasant staff. Great room, toilet separate to bath/shower room. The most comfortable bed we have slept in as guest's in an hotel. Very good breakfast, great selection of food. One minor criticism the vegetarian sausages were not tagged , so on the first day put the wrong ones on my plate and they were foul. We would highly recommend and would choose again.

1 Thank pc9010
Thank you very much for your fantastic review. I was delighted that we met your expectations in so many ways and I well noted your comment about tags and will look into this shortly.
I hope to welcome you again soon,
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Location great, close to Greenwich Village and all it's many attractions. There are good links to Canary Wharf, The City, Westminster and the West-End via Train, DLR, Jubilee Line, the Thames Clipper Service and the City Airport is only 15mins away. Food pretty good though it would be nice if the table was cleared of cutlery between courses, particularly at Breakfast.
Rooms, fine for a couple or possibly a family of three but don't be fooled by the bold statement that 'Superior' Rooms will accomodate a family of four, they will, just, but they're really too small for anything more than a one night stay for four people. You can upgrade to a suite but it's a hefty premium over an Executive or Superior Room.
Beyond this, the staff are courteous, the rooms are clean and bedding comfortable. The bathrooms are small but functional. Question - Why are so many hotels in the UK void of a useful air-con system - we stayed during the coldest Easter for fifty years and still the room was too warm, with inadequate air-con we had to sleep with the windows open and were then subjected to the traffic noise below, I dread to think how warm it would get in the middle of a London summer, phew...! Summary - OK for a short stay for one person or a couple, possibly even a family of three but not really for a family of four.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your invaluable feedback following your recent stay with us.
Whilst I was pleased to note that you appreciated our team courtesy and the quality of food provided, I am sorry to learn that you found our superior rooms not spacious enough for a familly stay of four and faced few service issues. We regularly look to see what we can do to increase space when refurbishing our bedrooms with particular thought to family stay and the actual facility offer is our best outcome for the time being.

We hope you will stay again with us when you next visit London and I would recommend you visit the Novotel website to benefit from the best rate guarantee.

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were indeed lucky to have been upgraded to this hotel after we initially booked with the Ibis hotel. We were given the executive rooms and it lived up to its name. The rooms were comfortable and clean and afforded us much needed rest after our exhausting European tour. Well done to the staff for helping us with a quick check in and check out process. The location of hotel close to the DLR line is an added bonus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
It is a great pleasure to read such a positive review. Many thanks for your comments which are a great testimonial of the efforts made by the team to deliver good service to all our clients.

I hope to welcome you again soon,

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Start with the positive, great position. Our first night was the worst nights sleep(lack of sleep I had ever had, the occupants of the room next to us did not sleep all night and talked loudly all night. When my partner went to complain the reception were aware of these guest and told my partner that they had been up and down to reception all night, when he queried why they hadn't done anything he was offered free movies - no real compensation for lack of sleep. At breakfast on our second morning the restaurant was not that busy but we had to ask for a pot of tea 4 times and the floors were messy. I won't be returning to this hotel

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you unfortunately experienced, as a result of guests misbehaving next to your room and I can appreciate that this must have been very frustrating. My team tried hard to deal with the situation at the time and should have been more ferm to a certain extend. I do apologise that you felt inconvenience and please be assured we feel very frustrated as well. I will review this with my team and brief them on how to deal with this kind of situation appropriately.

Sincerely yours.