“A class hotel”

Novotel London Greenwich
Ranked #267 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is probably one of the most comfortable hotels we have stayed in and we have stayed in hundreds. First, very polite and pleasant staff. Great room, toilet separate to bath/shower room. The most comfortable bed we have slept in as guest's in an hotel. Very good breakfast, great selection of food. One minor criticism the vegetarian sausages were not tagged , so on the first day put the wrong ones on my plate and they were foul. We would highly recommend and would choose again.

1  Thank pc9010
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. I was delighted that we met your expectations in so many ways and I well noted your comment about tags and will look into this shortly.
I hope to welcome you again soon,

There are newer reviews for Novotel London Greenwich

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Location great, close to Greenwich Village and all it's many attractions. There are good links to Canary Wharf, The City, Westminster and the West-End via Train, DLR, Jubilee Line, the Thames Clipper Service and the City Airport is only 15mins away. Food pretty good though it would be nice if the table was cleared of cutlery between courses, particularly at Breakfast.
Rooms, fine for a couple or possibly a family of three but don't be fooled by the bold statement that 'Superior' Rooms will accomodate a family of four, they will, just, but they're really too small for anything more than a one night stay for four people. You can upgrade to a suite but it's a hefty premium over an Executive or Superior Room.
Beyond this, the staff are courteous, the rooms are clean and bedding comfortable. The bathrooms are small but functional. Question - Why are so many hotels in the UK void of a useful air-con system - we stayed during the coldest Easter for fifty years and still the room was too warm, with inadequate air-con we had to sleep with the windows open and were then subjected to the traffic noise below, I dread to think how warm it would get in the middle of a London summer, phew...! Summary - OK for a short stay for one person or a couple, possibly even a family of three but not really for a family of four.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your invaluable feedback following your recent stay with us.
Whilst I was pleased to note that you appreciated our team courtesy and the quality of food provided, I am sorry to learn that you found our superior rooms not spacious enough for a familly stay of four and faced few service issues. We regularly look to see what we can do to increase space when refurbishing our bedrooms with particular thought to family stay and the actual facility offer is our best outcome for the time being.

We hope you will stay again with us when you next visit London and I would recommend you visit the Novotel website to benefit from the best rate guarantee.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were indeed lucky to have been upgraded to this hotel after we initially booked with the Ibis hotel. We were given the executive rooms and it lived up to its name. The rooms were comfortable and clean and afforded us much needed rest after our exhausting European tour. Well done to the staff for helping us with a quick check in and check out process. The location of hotel close to the DLR line is an added bonus.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

It is a great pleasure to read such a positive review. Many thanks for your comments which are a great testimonial of the efforts made by the team to deliver good service to all our clients.

I hope to welcome you again soon,

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Start with the positive, great position. Our first night was the worst nights sleep(lack of sleep I had ever had, the occupants of the room next to us did not sleep all night and talked loudly all night. When my partner went to complain the reception were aware of these guest and told my partner that they had been up and down to reception all night, when he queried why they hadn't done anything he was offered free movies - no real compensation for lack of sleep. At breakfast on our second morning the restaurant was not that busy but we had to ask for a pot of tea 4 times and the floors were messy. I won't be returning to this hotel

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you unfortunately experienced, as a result of guests misbehaving next to your room and I can appreciate that this must have been very frustrating. My team tried hard to deal with the situation at the time and should have been more ferm to a certain extend. I do apologise that you felt inconvenience and please be assured we feel very frustrated as well. I will review this with my team and brief them on how to deal with this kind of situation appropriately.

Sincerely yours.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Before i start my review when i booked this through lastminute.com it stated the location on the pinpoint map as central london, obviously i didnt read the hotel description as I would have known this wasnt the case. I was very angry when i found the location was incorrect as had booked this due to location as travelling with young children. However the hotel itself is lovely the beds were very comfy. It was nice to have a seperate shower as well as a bath and the mini bar comes in very handy for storing drinks etc. The hotel seemed very clean and all the staff are very helpful. It is next door to the dlr station so we would take this and change at canary warf and then change to whatever other line we needed. Our children did get fed up of all the walking and tube changing but unfortunately that was unavoidable. I would book this hotel again if my husband and I were on our own or the children were older but not really recommended for central london with young children. Lastminute.com said they would chase up my complaint but as the map had been corrected the day before travel I suppose I will just get fobbed off, it wasnt the money spent on extra travel it was the time and tiredness that affected us.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, the facilities were up to expectations and the staff were efficient. Apologies for on behalf of Lastminute.com for not providing accurate informmations.

I would recommend you visit the Novotel website to be assured you get correct informations and benefit from the best rate guarantee.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Breakfast was great, and plentiful. Toaster could have done with speeding up though!
Sleep quality only a 2 because the bed was very uncomfortable. The twin single beds ( bed-settee) for the kids were good though.
Staff were great.
Really convenient for dlr & train station.
5 minutes walk into town

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

I am pleased to read you found the service excellent and would come back to stay with us.
Novotel Hotels uses one of the best brands available, however we do understand that all our guests have a personal preference when it comes to mattresses and I am only sorry to hear that we learnt of your preference after your stay with us.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed several times in novotel Greenwich. It meets my requirements.
Very good rooms, very nice breakfast. Always very friendly staff.
The location is excellent because it is next to the railwaystation and in no time you are in the London city centre.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

I am truly happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us again. I have shared your warm words with my whole team regarding their high standard of services. As a matter of fact, positive feedback is always encouraging and rewarding.
I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Kind Regards.