“Ideal Location Good Hotel”

Novotel London Greenwich
Ranked #262 of 1,071 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for work purposes but great for Greenwich Sightseeing, history galore! easy for the train as next door to the station and only 8 minutes or so to London Bridge, very good connections.
Very nice people lovely big rooms, very good food, deserts are a dream, lovely & varied breakfast so something for everyone!

Room Tip: 419, very quiet looks out onto nice alms houses, also have stayed in 546, quiet and looks out over v...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Allison P
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay and found it convenient for London.
I hope to welcome you again soon,
Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Novotel London Greenwich

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed for one night in a superior suite.

the good side:
-location:
Next to DLR, and 5mins from Cutty Sark underground, allowing quick connection to Canary Wharf and Inner London City.
-room:
very clean room, bed comfortable

the bad side:
-extras:
you have to pay for a continental European adapter since a few months. I believe this should not happen in a four stars hotel
-air conditioning:
loud, and the air was not perfectly fresh, but acceptable
-breakfast:
friendly waiter, but the coffee is horrific, and the food is stale at best

In conclusion:
It's become worse since last year when I was there. Giving three star for the declining quality.
For the value it is still worth it but I hope the staff keeps up.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your invaluable feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am sorry that you found our level of service declining and I have transmitted your concerns to my team here. I would however like to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention as guest feedback is invaluable to our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Novotel in the future and I look forward to welcoming you personaly.
Sincerely yours.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We enjoyed our stay and will definitely use this hotel again - it was lovely to receive a sincere greeting on arrival and have everything explained in detail - room service was good and breakfast was even better - apart from the towels feeling a little rough on the skin - we had nothing to complain about - We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank nika123446
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the positive comments which I will pass onto the staff.
Hopefully see you back here in the near future.
Kind Regards.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here for the weekend while on a sightseeing trip to London and a concert at the O2. The hotel was conveniently located for this as the train station was right next door. Great staff that were very helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and the beds comfortable. Breakfast was an amazing buffet selection of cooked food, fresh fruits, cereals and pastries. On our last night we ate in the restaurant and the food was served quickly and was excellent. Our daughter used the computer located in the entrance hall which was free for the 1st 20 mins and there was an x box available too. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Juliew498

Thank you so much for such a glowing review of Novotel London Greenwich, it really sounds like you enjoyed your stay and made the most of your time whilst you were here.

We hope you will stay again with us when you next visit London and I would recommend you visit the Novotel website to benefit from the best rate guarantee.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed at the Novotel in Grenwich as we were seeing a show at the O2. Location for the O2 could not be better really. Novotel like Premier Inn you sort of know what you are getting. Paid £125 for an executive room. Have to say you don't get much extra for your money. Staff were friendly enough and seem to know a lot about the area. Only to pleased to help. Cant believe the price of the breakfast. We didnt bother as there was loads of inexpensive cafe's in the town. Who actually spends 20 pounds on a buffet breakfast ?

The room was very smart especially the bathroom. Even the bed was comfortable and extra pillows available. Good iron for clothes and TV and Internet. Down side why o why do Novotel supply such horrible toilet paper !!! My tip take your own with you. The rooms were very very hot and air conditioning was very poor. Had trouble sleeping as the room temp was uncomfortable.

I would stay again but not my first choice of London hotel

Room Tip: All much the same i would imagine. Executive tend to be away from teh lifts and on upper floors
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post this review.
I am glad to read you were impressed with the team and the service provided.
I well noticed your comments about the executive room and it looks like all benefits must be well explained upon check in. I also noticed your remark about the toilet paper quality and I will review this shortly. I am disapointed to read that you were have not been able to convince you that our full buffet breakfast offer is well worth a £15.95 spend.
I look forward to welcoming you again soon,
Kind regards

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is the first time using this hotel - next to the railway station and close to lovely shops and Cutty Sark. It was ideal as we did a concert Sat night at O2. Lovely welcoming staff, who went out of their way to help. We enjoyed the breakfast Sunday and the room was pleasant and very well presented. The Xbox for the children in the foyer went down a storm!

Would definitely stay again, looking to find an excuse to use the hotel again. Excellent.

1  Thank Devon B
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and we are glad you had a comfortable stay and it was an excellent location for you.
I have shared your warm words with my whole team regarding their high standard of services. As a matter of fact, positive feedback is always encouraging and rewarding.
I look forward to your next stay.
Kind regards.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Excellent hotel in very interesting location. The primary reason for stay was concert in O2.
Really enjoined form the stay - very nice , clean , modern hotel in reasonable price.
Excellent breakfast - with fresh croissants and baguettes. Professional and friendly staff.
Pleasure to walk around - Greenwich is lovely place. Enjoyed from Maritime museum and Royal observatory.
Review for my stayon Dec 2011.
Will stay again during my next visits to London.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank alexanderu

It is a great pleasure to read such a positive review. Many thanks for your comments which are a great testimonial of the efforts made by the team to deliver good service to all our clients.
I look forward to your next stay.
Kind regards.