“Novotel Greenwich”

Ranked #254 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 18, 2013

3  Thank stuandchar
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,975)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

A really clean, well equipped hotel with incredibly helpful staff. Our first stay in a hotel with a small baby and we would certainly go again. Couldn't be closer to the DLR which made it very easy for getting around.

3  Thank luce_93
Cyril V, General Manager at Novotel London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

I am truly happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us. I have shared your warm words with my whole team regarding their high standard of services. As a matter of fact, positive feedback is always encouraging and rewarding.
Kind Regards.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Pleasant hotel, clean rooms and comfortable beds in excellent location. Breakfast was okay if a bit 'hectic' with staff struggling to cope. Dinner in the restaurant was very poor, the quality of the food was poor and the complaint was laughed off and not dealt with at all.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I was extremely disappointed to read of your experience and I would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Please be assured the team has been reminded to provide a high level of service at all times.
Kind regards.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Excellent price quality, and it is really annoying to rate this hotel that you have to write a review of at least 200 characters, would be a lot better if you could just rate it. They should not make you write anything !!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

It is a great pleasure to read such a positive review. Many thanks for your comments which are a great testimonial of the efforts made by the team to deliver good service to all our clients.
Apologies for the cracked tiles, it will be fixed ASAP.
We hope you will stay again with us when you next visit London and I would recommend you visit the Novotel website to benefit from the best rate guarantee.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Although I've never been to Greenwich before when staying in London, I had a meeting there. I opted for Novotel because it's so close to the DLR station. It's a great location for anyone with meetings in Canary Wharf or in the city with the DLR links.

The hotel staff were very welcoming and found me a room when I asked if I could leave luggage, rather than me storing my case in a general room. I thought that was excellent, though I'm sure they can't do it every time.

The room was very spacious and comfortable, and I enjoyed using the bath. The tiles on the floor were in desperate need of replacing (three were cracked and the grouting was missing. One of the spacers was even visible, so that needs to be addressed) and the bathroom itself was a bit dated and looked like it needed updating.

Overall, however, I was impressed with the hotel and found it a comfortable place for my night's stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank rootingoutrubbish

Many thanks for posting this review about the hotel and for praising the team. I am delighted that you chose our hotel for your business trip to London and I am happy to read that my team took such good care of you during your stay.
I have noted your comment about the tiles and I do apologise for this but I will look into this shortly.
I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Received a warm welcome in a conveniently location for work in Greenwich. Room and facilities (liked the new coffee machine!) good, although I didn't like the greedy 'offer' for TV and internet services. Internet is free under certain tariffs but is a convenience we now always expect for nothing. Although the hotel lacks a sense of freshness, I would go again.
Staff very helpful and courteous

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

I am sorry however to read that our TV and internet solution offers were not up to your expectations but I am glad to inform you we are currently working with suppliers on how we can improve these systems in the hotel.
I hope to welcome you again soon,
Kind regards

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here feb 2013 great hotel, underground parking very good. Lovely large well decorated room and great bathroom.
Breakfast top quality , we ate in the hotel as the weather was so bad and it was very good. Bar prices expensive but it is London. Staff all very helpful, cannot fault hotel at all.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words. I was delighted that you enjoyed the atmosphere we create in the hotel along with the service we provide. I have passed on your kind words to the team here and I do hope that you can come to stay with us once again in the near future.

Sincerely yours.