“Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Perfect Feet Spa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Perfect Feet Spa
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Firstly - the 'Spa' bit is slightly misleading ... the venue is located in the basement of a collection of stalls/various shops and cafes, so first impressions were not exactly swoonworthy! I had booked a fish pedicure, back massage and facial for myself and a friend; the spa opens at 11.30 so we were the first (and only) ones there. The staff are very friendly, however the venue is rather small and as there were two of us they asked if one could do the pedicure whilst the other went in for the treatments and then swap, which we did. As it was our first fish pedicure it would have been nice to have it together - very daunting sitting there on your own putting your bare feet in a tank full of little nibblers! The experience itself was strange (to each his own) - as I have rather tickly feet I was unnerved and thought I may have to pull my feet out after a few girly squeals - at first it is the weirdest sensation but you get used to it (it helped to put a magazine in front of me and block my line of sight to the tank! The second I glanced inside I was weirded out all over again)..so I slowly forgot there was a tank full of tiny fish attacking my feet.

You are offered an ipad to use or a selection of mags, I started off with the ipad but the wifi was pretty slow (hardly any phone reception either) so I switched to the delights of Heat magazine. A timer goes off to indicate your session is finished - they then dry your feet with a towel and apply some cream (no foot massage but I didn't really need one); I was also offered to get nail polish applied for an additional £8 which I took up. My feet after all this felt AMAZING; and even now, a week later, they are softer than they've been for years. So well worth getting those little critters fed!

The masseuse (Natalia) was prefessional and friendly; I have had my fair share of massages but this was something else - excellent. She kept asking if the pressure was ok, and theres no other way to put it - hands down it was the best massage I've had. Facial was with steam and was very relaxing. I would definitely go again.

In summary - a fish pedicure is weird, but definitely something to try. If you can look past the outside the treatments inside are well worth it.

Visited March 2014