“Thank goodness only one night!!”
Review of Eaton Square Hotel

Eaton Square Hotel
Ranked #1,034 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I recently attended a conference in London and was booked in to stay at the Belgravia Mews - luckily only for one night. Their sister hotel Tophams - was fantastic - or at least what I saw of it although their breakfast was poor and their staff not very friendly or helpful - when asking for directions on my morning of departure - it wasn't very helpful to be told by staff to look at the map as they were not locals!!! Anyway that aside, the room (12) was in the dungeon - literally! It was dark and dingy - the telephone did not work, there was no remote for the TV, the lighting was poor, no hanging space, no chair, the lights in the bathroom were hanging out of the ceiling, there was no lid on the loo - and NO TOWELS - I had to ask for coat hangers and towels. More importantly however was the smell as you opened the door - which gradually became a stench as you went down into the basement towards the room I had - think you may need to get your drains looked at. I have to admit it is the worse hotel I have had the displeasure to stay in. Anyone reading this suggest you know where you need to go as their directions are non existent, you are not hungry and you don't have a sense of smell. Think the hotel inspector and enviornmental health not to mention Health & Safety need to visit this hotel and sharpish!!!!!

Room Tip: Simply don't book at the Belgravia and if you have to - take a good air freshner
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank H R

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here one night. The boutique hotel is No28 and has a pleasant reception, however the room I stayed in was 100yards away at Number 50. You enter a locked doorway into a narrow, smelly and poorly lit corridor which also doubles as a fire escape. Is that legal? I was in the top room up a very narrow staircase. In the room the carpets were ancient, the room was poorly lit and there were two single beds and an adjacent ensuite. The ensuite was absolutely disgusting. Strong odour of dampness and the ancient cheap, filthy lino was bubbling the effects of leaks unbder the shower plinth. Shower had a botch job layer of sealant all round the edge, had no pressure and didn't drain properly. Tap in basin was wobbly, almost falling off. Room had two very short single beds with very cheap itchy duvet. Naturally no air con. Managed to open the window. Had I not been in a rush to an event I would have immediately left. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank R B
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had a 2 day course to attend in London so rather than commuting home after a long day I decided to get a late available deal on a hotel room.

What hits you first is the smell of sewage as you walk into the hotel. The carpets in the hall and stairs are disgusting, old and threadbare. The wall paper is also in an awful state walk up 3 flights to my room.

Again the floor had not been hoovered and covered in stains the smell continues into the room,
the mattress sagged in the bed however the sheets were clean !
this can no way be a 3 star hotel, a hostel would have been better!
Do not book!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank beachskigirlX
Reviewed March 1, 2013

On arrival I had to wait 15 mins whilst they found the key to my room. Once finally inside i quickly discovered that the TV and shower did not work. No phone link to the staffed hotel up the road who manage this place - there are no staff based here. In the morning I went to check out and ask to use another room to shower before going to work. They made it clear that this put them out, very rude staff. I finally got a shower and then went to breakfast, again at the other hotel, to be told there was an hours que. Useless for a working day and a business traveler. Just don't stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sam N
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Possibly one of the worst places I've had the misfortune of staying at.
First, it's not actually a hotel, it's rooms tagged onto another hotel. The light at the top of four, narrow flights of stairs didn't work.
The furniture looked nice enough, but wasn't particularly comfortable.
I couldn't get a signal for the free wifi in the room.
The bathroom was ok, apart from the basin had no plug and the tap was loose and the water pressure was very low. The shower was a dribble, but at least it was a hot dribble!
There was tea and coffee In the room, but no teaspoons.
At least the breakfast was ok, once I'd walked to the other hotel where it was served (the staff in there were very pleasant).
On check out, the receptionist was very off, I asked for a receipt but didn't get one. Not even a "did you enjoy your stay?".
Unlike the terminator, I will not be back!

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank tomroyce74
Reviewed February 25, 2013

THIS IS NOT 4STAR!!!
Had booked a single and was given room H1 in building down the road: very tiny, desk was a small triangle shaped plank, too small for chair to fit, no bedside table, no light by bed, curtains didn't close fully, no minibar, no hairdryer, no safe (as advertised on their website). Ensuite was an old caravan-cubicle (triangle size shower plugged into washbasin with old shower curtain, no sanitary bin, floor space too small even for a towel to fit on the floor, no shaver point), trip-up step from bedroom into caravan-cubicle, no aircon, window doesn't open,only 1 pillow, no extra blanket, no fire escape route shown. Wardrobe is cheaper than Ikea with two legs missing and leaning against wall.
I complained but told I could not have another room until my second night.
Next night put into room 209 on second floor (no lift): no ensuite, bathroom down corridor and up flight of stairs, No minibar,no iron/ironboad, no safe, no hairdryer, missing lightbulb, missing teaspoon to make instant coffee, only one pillow, no desk, no pen, no writing paper, no tv remote, TV was missing lead and did not work at all. Not at all like photos on their website.
I complained and was given room 5 on ground floor, apparently the Junior Suite that the "director is prepared to give up for you. He usually uses this room." By now it was 11pm and II was made to feel guilty for wanting a room that was as per their website. This so called Junior Suite (double room) had again no iron/ironboard, no hairdryer (I asked and was repeatedly promised one but I ended up going to my morning meeting with wet hair. I don't think the entire hotel has even one). Only 1 coathanger (for a double room!). This room had a minibar: only cans of coca cola/fanta. No water, no alcoholic drinks! No cup or spoon to make a hot drink (I had to collect it myself from the breakfast room). Noisy, right next to kitchen, was woken at 6am by banging kitchen noise.
DO NOT GO HERE! Staff are rude & treat you with contempt.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank M M
Reviewed December 28, 2012

this hotel was terrible!!!!! when we arrived it was at tophams where we had to check in and my god it was lovely but.... our room wasnt ready so we went for lunch then come back,our room was then ready, a woman showed us to our room which we had to walk down the road to. As we went in it stank and the handle to our too was very loose, the carpet was stained, the walls were full of black mould and all wood was flaking away in the wardrobe!!! the bathroom were what i describe as a bathroom being taken out of a caravan and place into a cupboard it was just awful and the plug hole was dirty not clean at all the bed sunk when sat on the lamps were odd and shades all cracked we couldnt sleep there had to go back home!!! this was supposed to be a treat for my soldier who has now deployed to afghan im appalled with no money back and they just let us go!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple