“BED BUGS ALERT BED BUGS ALERT”

Springfield Hotel London
Ranked #983 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ireland
“BED BUGS ALERT BED BUGS ALERT”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Its nearly impossible to know where to start with this hotel?? I stayed there on the 20th of November 2013. Unfortunately this was one of the only hotels left in the area and i was fooled by the exterior. The room was shocking to begin with. There was a horrible damp smell in the room. On entry to the bathroom i was greeted with a filthy shower. There was still pubic hairs all over the bottom of the shower. The toilet itself still had urine stains on the seat. The used bar of soap from the previous guest was still left for me to use. The radiator in the room was also faulty. I had to use the electric radiator to keep the room warm. The dirt on the walls and behind the coffee table was unreal. There are single pain windows, so if you plan on sleeping, wear earphones and a jacket due to the draft. Unfortunately for me I did not. I in turn got bed bugs to keep me company on my stay. I called the hotel today to speak to the Manager. I had the pleasure of speaking to Alan Davit. Alan was so helpful... NOT!!! Alan told me that due to the fact that I did not tell the hotel the following morning/the next day there was nothing he could do for me. He also informed me that I could have gotten them ANYWHERE. Even though the only place I have stayed was this hotel and my new home, with new my new bed. Unfortunately Alan I was not in a position to call your hotel as I have been busy with doctors appointments, my visit to the dry cleaners, who will not take my clothes and de lousing myself with the ointment from the doctors. Thank you for your fantastic customer service and my most enjoyable stay. I cannot wait to return! I truly advise no one in there right mind to stay here. I completely understand the that this is a budget hotel but the least any person should expect is basic sanitation and customer service. Telling the customer that its there own fault is not entirely helpful.

Room Tip: Dont choose any room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Simond132013
Springfield-Team, Manager at Springfield Hotel London, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at the Springfield Hotel. As Alan explained we work with a leading pest control company to ensure that our rooms are free from bed bugs. We will always treat any complaints of this nature very seriously but you must understand that we are unable to verify such complaints if they are received after six days of your stay, had you informed our reception team at the time of your stay or at least at the time of check out we would have been able to verify your complaint.
We have examined the room and have been unable to locate any evidence of bed bugs however just to be safe we have had the room treated.

Our reception team are present to make your stay as comfortable as possible in the future please inform them of any issues with your room and they will be more than happy to try to remedy it during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

4)Room was a double room with a single squeezed in
5)Nice tv
The bad points
1)Needs some T.L.C
2)Room 1b is right next door to where they serve breakfast so if your a late riser you will be disturbed
3)Rooms even though small are still not as clean as they could be
4)The bed in 1b is the most uncomfortable my wife and I have ever slept in and we have slept in some very cheap hotels
5) This was something alot more serious the mattress in room 1b had a broken spring that stuck out from the side of the mattress,it was needle Sharp and had been covered up when the bed had been made and the mattress was old and stained therefore it was not noticed by myself untill it touched my leg this was at 1.00 in the morning. I told the lady on reception and she seemed really concerned and was going to tell the management and get them to contact me regarding this matter I have not heard anything please look at photos of spring

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Adrian S

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Tenerife
Reviewed October 5, 2013

After reading all the reviews on this hotel, I was dreading our stay. I was travelling with 2 other people and had booked a triple room. Upon arrival we was greeted by the friendly receptionist who upgraded us to a family room (4 pax) The room was a good size and airy with 2 single beds and one double bed. The rooms were cleaned EVERY day with clean towels every day. The shower room, yes it was small but it had a toilet, was basin and a mould free shower!. The room came with tea/coffee making facilities which was replenished EVERY day. The TV never broke signal (but we did not go to London to watch TV) The carpets were ALL NEW. The day we arrived the carpet fitters were finishing the reception area. The breakfast room was quite pleasant, TV showing BBC breakfast, the portion sizes of the English Breakfast are small but we were satisfied us until Lunch time. The reports of a fusty smell are ridiculous, we stayed here fro 6 nights and not once did we have any unpleasant smells. I have stayed in many hotels in London and I must admit this is one of the best ones I have stayed in.
People moaning about small bathrooms, narrow walkways and no lifts have to understand that these buildings are listed Victorian buildings so no alterations can be made.
My only gripes about the hotel was no safety deposit boxes but we got by and had a great time :-) This hotel is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mistersistershow
Springfield-Team, Manager at Springfield Hotel London, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Mistersistershow,

Thank you for kind comments. All of us the Springfield Hotel thank you for letting us and our guests know that we have been able to make your stay with us an enjoyable one.In all honesty reviews like yours make our jobs worthwhile, to know that we have succeeded in meeting your expectations and even exceeding them is our only goal.

Your comments have been noted and the following steps have been taken:

Our breakfast portions have been increased

we hope that you will give us the opportunity to be of service again soon.

Ps. I really was not looking forward to starting my response with " We are sorry to hear......"
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Let's start with the good thing -
1. Good location - near to London st. and Paddington station
2. The bed was pretty much clean, but very small
3. TV worked
that's is actully.

The room was soo small, and even before i'll start talking about the shower.
very dirty carpet and walls , the bathroom was such shame, i really suffered while showering becuase the water just out of all the impossible holes, it was soo small thats brings claustrophobia and u feel like in airplane bathroom.
the breakfast was fair.

Bottom line , don't recommend this hotel , and i'll never come back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Springfield-Team, Manager at Springfield Hotel London, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Lior t,

we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at the Springfield Hotel. The issues that you have raised have been noted and we have done our very best to remedy them as soon as possible.

1) You will be happy to know that all the carpets in all rooms and public areas have been replaced.

2) Our private toilet and shower facilities have a historical and architectural history to them. Traditionally bed & breakfast hotels had shared toilet and shower facilities and indeed many still do. In our effort to modernise our hotel and bring it in line with our guests expectations private in room facilities were added to all our rooms. This process naturally comprised the size of the facilities which we could add to rooms, however we are sure that you will agree that private ensuite shower and toilet facilities are the preferred choice of all our guests.

I hope you will visit us again soon so that we can try to exceed your expectations and be of service again.
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was booked to stay this B&B from 13 to 17th September 2013. Upon arrival, the receptionist seemed fairly pleasant and but the place was completely run down. As a B&B I did not expect for the place to be of 5 star quality however the place did advertise certain amenities such as free Wi-Fi, a phone in every room and so on. My family had booked a triple, so we climbed the 3-4 flights of stairs and finally got to the room. I noticed some bath mats on the bed ( ones you use to wipe your feet) on the bed but I did not take much notice. Since it was late, we decided to go out for some food, before we went out, we decided to freshen up and noticed that in fact there were no towels at all- only the bath mats! So we tried calling the reception and of course the phone was not working nor the Wi-FI. So after climbing all the way down the stairs we were told extremely rudely that the hotel had got the wrong delivery and they had emailed the supplier of towels last week and that it would probably only come at 3am that morning. I suggested that since they knew we were coming and that we had pre-paid that towels should have been made available however the B&B rep took no responsibility and did not even apologize. I asked to speak to a manager and the person's reply was that no was there until Monday! In addition, the toilet had no form of exhaust and the room was a triple. The toilet did not flush and in fact WI- FI did not work anywhere in the establishment. I am surprised that the UK Toursim authorities would allow such an establishment to operate. Since there was no indication as to when we would get towels and given the un-hygienic nature of the establishment we booked another place and moved out promptly the next day!. Of course there was no re-fund given since the room was pre-paid but I would have thought the owners seeing the inconvenience and utter lack of care their representatives had for paying customers, that at least a part refund would have been provided.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this place!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Maneka W
Dear Maneka W,

Thank you for your comments. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused due to the lack of towels on the day of your stay. We do offer fresh towels daily, however as you are aware on that particular night our supplier had mistakenly delivered bath mats instead of towels and we have taken this issue up with our supplier to ensure that it does not happen again.

We are also reviewing our free WiFi system as a result of your comments. We only ask that in the future if you are unable to access the free WiFi you would inform the reception staff and they would be more than happy to assist you with the login details.

Our telephone system is for internal use only and you can easily contact the reception desk day or nigh 24 hours a day by dialing 0. For all external, including international calls there is a pay phone on the 2nd floor. We have chosen this option to minimise the cost our guests, this way they are in control of the cost of any outgoing costs and they will not receive any surprises at the time of check out with a hefty phone bill.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service again.
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Wifi didn't work, toilet wouldn't flush and the carpets smells like they need a good cleaning. Beds were clean, so that's something. Breakfast was excellent with a smiling server who really saved the whole stay for me. Would not stay here again though.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Prophet_N7,

We are sorry we not able to meet your expectations. Your comments have been noted and we have done the following to try to remedy your concerns:

1) We are currently reviewing our Free WiFi system and have managed to identify that only the 3 rooms on the top floor are unable to receive a full service at all times and we are working very hard to remedy this. However if at anytime you do find your service interrupted please contact the reception team and they will do their best to get it up and running again immediately.

2) In an effort to conserve the environment we have installed smaller tanks in our toilets, this means that less water is used during each flush, the only drawback is that they may take a little longer to refill for a second flush as the fist flush will empty the small tank. We are sure that our guests would forgive us this little inconvenience in our effort to be more environmentally friendly.

3) All the carpets in all rooms and public areas have been changed.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service again so we can exceed your expectations.