“Healthy and Tasty”

Caboose
Ranked #1,193 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Barbecue, British
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Description: A Caboose is the last carriage on a train, a rolling cabin where the railway workers of yesteryear used to eat, sleep, play cards and hang out. After seeing a derelict Caboose we decided this would make an excellent space to serve our food, which itself has made its own slow, smoky journey. In the spring of 2013 we set about building our own Caboose from the ground up. We rolled into Brick Lane 3 months later and have been here ever since. Our menu is about pairing slow smoked meat with fresh flavour combinations that we feel complement this age-old way of cooking. British food for us means a sensibility for flavour balance and an openness towards global cuisine. We care deeply about the provenance of our meat and the welfare of the animals, as such all our meat is always ethically sourced, free range, and locally sourced wherever possible. Our coffee is all roasted in-house and is always FAIR TRADE. We use a 66% Brazillian Santos & 33% Costa Rica Hacienda Aquiares blend. Our pork is from Dingley Dell Farm & our beef from Dedham Vale - both of which we have visited.
“Healthy and Tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Healthy & delicious not easy combination to find and also for a reasonable price. Nice people :) - Just heard this is a #1 things to do around London - I definitely would go back!

“Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Me and 11 friends visited the Caboose for my birthday dinner, and it was a great experience. The atmosphere is great for a casual dinner with friends, the staff are very accommodating, and they even decorated the cabin with balloons and got a birthday cake for us for dessert. We will be going back again - I highly recommend it.

London, United Kingdom
“Great food, great atmosphere - the best birthday ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

After visiting these guys for lunch one Saturday, I loved the food and was so excited about the prospect that they did private parties, so I decided to have my birthday here! Couldn't cut numbers to the 11/12 they say fit comfortably, but we squeezed in and were still comfortable with my 13.

Firstly, they were soo attentive! After they sent through a great looking custom made menu I decided to be picky and ask for a halloumi started (my favourite). The guys didn't hesitate to make a halloumi and red pepper started for me. This and the rest of the food was incredible, everyone was so impressed and the atmosphere was great. Chilled yet fun, great music playing - great place to go just for dinner in a great location or to set you up for a night out in Shoreditch. BYOB really helped to make the night a hit!

Couldn't fault the place, thank you thank you thank you and thanks for accommodating my drunken friends and I.

• Visited February 2014

1 Thank Charlea90
“Awesome food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

We booked Caboose for a stag party of 11 for one of their private dinners. They seated us next to the kitchen in an old railway carriage, and decorated the place with balloons. Throughout, the service was excellent, and food delicious and the atmosphere perfect. I highly recommend it for a large group - it was very sociable sitting around the edges of the carriage and talking to everyone!

London, United Kingdom
“Perfect food, staff and setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I hired Caboose for my birthday and had the best party ever. The food was amazing - I'm still thinking about that pork and garlic mash - and so cheap. The staff couldn't have been more helpful.

The Caboose is beautiful and really cosy. We fitted 12 in easily.

Definitely go and visit them. I've eaten from loads of plCes around Brick Lane and this is my favourite by far. And, if you can, try and book it for a party!

• Visited April 2014