“A quirky refined vegetarian/vegan take on Afternoon Tea”
Review of RAW Restaurant - CLOSED

RAW Restaurant
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Description: Nosh Garden Kitchen exciting menu consists of nutritious and delicious superfoods; providing a sustainable way of eating well and clean as well as obtaining essential nutrients and supplements. In today’s world, where most meals eaten out are highly calorific and lowly nutritious, it is difficult to eat out and still eat healthy. All of our meals and food supplements (smoothies) are additive, egg and preservative free, high in vitamin content, naturally flavoured, dairy and over 90% are dairy free, gluten free and not heat treated. Ideal for health and well-being advocates as well as beginners. We don’t count calories, we count food groups while maintaining your health goals.
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I visited this place while spending a couple of days in London. My partner and I have had a few Afternoon Tea's in our time, but this was a very different experience. My partner, a vegetarian, was a November vegan, while I was a meat eating November vegetarian (I wouldn't eat a lot of meat, but haven't given it up yet), so this place seemed to be a good match.

I was somewhat anxious about what we would get, but we had a lovely meal, which turned out to be really inspired and great fun. Everything looked good, tasted great, and the service was excellent. I wanted to mention the name of the waiter, but I'll probably get it wrong, writing this a few weeks after the day we visited. I think his name was Simone (Simone, if I get it wrong, message me and I'll edit this!), and he was absolutely brilliant with us. There was great pride in what the restaurant was trying to do (they had recently enough moved to this style of cuisine), genuine interest in what we thought.

Well worth a visit if you're in to vegetarian/vegan cuisine. Raw has a very contemporary feel, which I liked, in both the look and feel of the restaurant, and also the food. I'll be interested to see how the place does, long-term.

1  Thank Kal_elen
Francesco P, General Manager at RAW Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Kal_elen,

Thank you for the lovely review and we are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your dining experience in our restaurant RAW.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

A most unexpected setting for a vegan restaurant promoting raw food - upmarket modern Bayswater hotel - but it did not disappoint. The menu is varied, offering both raw and cooked options. Myself and my friend enjoyed cherry tomato and tofu salad, beatroot falafels, followed by raw ravioli and cooked quinoa burger, topped off with a healthy yet satisfying cheescake to share. The waiter was lovely - friendly, knowledgeable, attentive. Would definitely go again. Only downside for me is the predominantly black decor but it's certainly very stylish.

1  Thank sun_loving_vegan
Francesco P, General Manager at RAW Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear sun_loving_vegan,

Thank you for visiting us and for the great review!

Glad to hear you loved the food and the service and we hope you can visit us again soon.

RAW at La Suite West

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was the lushest meal that I had had since I last came here six weeks ago. The standard of food was once again incredible - the Pappadelle in particular was a must-have dish. The starters and soups were phenomenal, and the drinks were also out of this world. We had a really amazing dessert too - a kind of creamy cheesy gateauxy type affair which was really sublime. The staff were immaculate, the surroundings intimate, the tunes were chilled and the company was ecstatic. Did I mention the food?

1  Thank Alan L

Dear Alan,

What a review! you have made our day and the kitchen and restaurant teams are thankful for your support and feedback.

We hope you will return and visit us soon.

RAW at La Suite West

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I am not a strict vegetarian, me and my friends come here when we want to out and be healthy. (our Detox days). We discovered "RAW" at La Suite West and love the food, atmosphere and decor. Its great to have a restaurant of this type with such style, beats eating in a cafe. the food is amazing and i have brought friends here just for the experience. I love the Burger, Green Papadlia and the beetroot Falafels and the ice cream is worth trying. great to know you can have food of such quality yet are able to be healthy at the same time. Service is spot on and attentive. definitely is worth a try i hope it does well because this is what London needs. This is becoming my favorite of mine and my friends.

1  Thank mikeAwilton
Francesco P, General Manager at RAW Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Mike,

Thank you for experiencing our newly launched restaurant. Glad you enjoyed the experience and we look forward to welcoming you back and enjoy one more burger or pappardelle.

See you soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

You wont be disappointed if you love fresh, clean ,delicate flavour combinations from a creative chef. This place is such a find, I go there as often as I can. I enjoy a raw food diet , so for me, RAW restaurant ticks all the boxes...Lots of variety on the menu, with vegan dishes, some are cooked and some are RAW food prep. The green juice combo is my favorite of the fresh juices. The Vietnamese gaspacho is delicious, lovely chili and lime bursts. Also really enjoy the wild spinach salad with miso dressing and avocado,...the flavours are great and the veg is so fresh, it melts in your mouth. The hummous is also a winner, and I really like the zucchini wraps, with a sunflower seed paste,..just amazing! And,,....unusual for veggie restaurants, RAW is a superb, beautifully designed room, with a wall of windows overlooking a garden. it's a great atmosphere, suitable for casual lunch, or dinner date, or business lunch. Spotless clean, lovely furniture, ..very special ...it's an elegant hotel and restaurant, with a great manager who makes sure you are happy and have what you need. They really go the extra mile to do things right here. All the details are looked after. You can tell they have invested a lot of money in the hotel, and the restaurant and they know it will take a while to build a client base that loves vegan and raw foods, .. I want to support them and make sure that people find about about this gem, so it is around for years to come for us all to enjoy. They deserve great success. Spread the word!

Dear jillelondon,

Thank you for your detailed review about our new "RAW" restaurant.
Your comments were a pleasure to read and I shall personally share these with all my team.

I am sure we'll see you again very soon.