“Great spot for a drink”

The Pagination Bar & Restaurant
Reserve a Table
Mon, 9/16
8:00 PM
Ranked #11,834 of 28,445 Restaurants in London
Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

Went for drinks with a friend and can’t fault the place: nice outside space and friendly/professional staff. Give it a go!

Date of visit: May 2019
MaevaM110, General Manager at The Pagination Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2019

Dear juleslondon720,

Thanks for your glowing review of our business, it's providing experiences like the one you've described that keep us excited about what we're doing every day!

We hope to see you very soon back with us.

The Pag team x

Write a reviewReviews (33)

Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

I have the misfortune of working in Canary Wharf and generally try to avoid drinking there. Establishments such as Pagination are the reason why. There is no reason why at 5:30 I should struggle to hear someone talk if they are within 1 metre. As you can imagine if you’re at a social event such as a leaving drinks party this is extremely annoying. I’m no old fogey- I love music and have a huge collection of music but the idea that blaring crap pop provides atmosphere is nonsense. This place is full of suits - turn the music down and you might find people will stay beyond 7.

The staff were lovely though so that’s a small thumbs up. Food was average and no (even pale) ales.

If you go here you must be desperate or foolish.

Date of visit: May 2019
MaevaM110, General Manager at The Pagination Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Dear Eaglehack,

Thank you for your review and sorry to hear that your experience with us could have been improved.

As a company, we do a lot of work to get the atmosphere and the music right and take all good and bad feedback on board.

I will make sure to discuss your comments at our next meeting.

Maeva Maccario - General Manager

Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

Great customer service! I have never seen most positive person like Marketa! Will come again for sure! :)

Date of visit: March 2019
MaevaM110, General Manager at The Pagination Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Dear Zelgadissa,

I will make sure to pass your lovely message on to Marketa, I'm sure it will brighten her day right up :)

We hope to have you very soon back with us.

Best Regards,
Maeva Maccario - General Manager

Reviewed December 12, 2018 via mobile

My recent visit was unfortunately disappointing. The room was cold and the fact that it was not busy at this time of year should have sounded warning bells. My guest was vegetarian but the menu offered only one dish in 2018, really?

I opted for the chicken burger which was slightly larger than a 50p coin, lost in a sea of bun. The chips greasy and unappetising.

When I received a mail asking for feedback I gave the above and was invited to try again in the new year. When I pointed out that I did not fancy risking further outlay when the competition is so good, I was offered a 20% discount voucher. Not to be churllish but that feels a bit paultry and I won’t be taking them up on that. Avoid.

Date of visit: December 2018
CatherineH3381, Sales & Events Manager at The Pagination Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2018

Good Afternoon Nickelandine,

Thank you for your most recent feedback as previously mentioned all feedback we receive is always taken on board to allow us grow and develop as a business.

As mentioned in our original discussion; Due to it being our busiest Christmas period since we opened we are currently having to run a reduced menu to our normal A La Carte menu during peak times and days when we are having to cater for a number of large Christmas bookings. However, we apologize for not being able to accommodate more vegetarian/vegan options on our reduced Christmas menu.

In a venue full of hard working and dedicated staff where we always strive to make our customers happy and offer the best service we are saddened to hear this was not the case for yourself last week.

Following our reply to your feedback you requested If we could offer you a voucher, where you would then be pleased to try The Pagination again in the New Year, but wouldn’t otherwise risk a visit when there are many other good venues to which we offered a 20% discount.

We apologize if you felt this wasn't enough or felt like we were being dismissive this wasn't the intention at all and were lead to believe that you were happy with this as you were thankful and informed us you would like to take us up on our offer.

Should you wish to discuss further please feel free to contact us on info@thepagination.co.uk and we hope you have a lovely Christmas and a happy new year.

Catherine - Sales & Events Manager

Reviewed October 5, 2018

Went for lunch today with a friend. I am Coeliac and have to have Gluten free food. It looked promising but when it came down to it there was very little I could have so I ordered a hot salmon salad. it was terrible value for money, basically a boiled egg some rocket and a sprinkling of smoked salmon hardly worth what I paid. My friend order Crab linguine which was more sweetcorn kernels than anything with very little crab, should have been called a corn linguine. Again really not worth what we paid. We used to enjoy it here but this is the second bad experience so I don't think we'll be going back. The staff were very nice though.

Date of visit: October 2018
CatherineH3381, Sales & Events Manager at The Pagination Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Good Morning Pinklindy2018,

We are so sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn't everything you had hoped for.

In a venue where we strive to give our customers the highest level of service through good quality food, relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff it is disappointing to here this time we did not deliver.

If you would be willing to give us a another chance please contact me directly on info@thepagination.co.uk and I can discuss Coeliac alternatives with our head chef to ensure you have a perfect and enjoyable meal with us.

We hope to see and hear from you soon and hope you have a lovely day.

Catherine - Sales & Events Manager