“Really Special Experience”

Book In Advance
More Info
$34.55*
and up
Wimbledon All England Tennis Club and Lawn Tennis Museum: Behind-the-Scenes...
Ranked #40 of 1,673 things to do in London
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Have wanted to visit for many years and was not disappointed.

The guided tour is not to be missed. You can gain entry to the museum only, but the whole tour is really worth paying extra for.

You are taken to Court One, Murray Mound/Henman Hill. The Players entrance, The media Centre and finally to Centre Court. The guide (I forget her name) was really informative and added a lot to the experience.

a fabulous time

1  Thank JPSLittleAston
There are newer reviews for The All England Lawn Tennis Club

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was a dream experience for me. It was my first trip to London, and my first trip to Wimbledon. I must say, being a tennis fan all my life, it was amazing.

The venue is incredibly clean and all the stewards were very nice and helpful. The grounds themselves can be a bit of a maze especially when its a big day, but there are employees everywhere to assist you if you somehow get lost. I went to the Round of 16, so it was complete mayhem. I was able to find an information booth who provided me with a map and directions for food,drink, and where my court was. I took the tube in which of course was a zoo, but everyone was polite and queued. No shoving or insanity.

I will be coming back next year, and for many more years to come.

**Note: Make sure you take the shuttle bus to and from the Tube station if you do take public transportation. Its not expensive, and trust me it's much better than being herded like cattle.

2  Thank Jody8881
Reviewed July 22, 2013

A wonderful day; we were lucky to have tickets to the women's semis and watched Marion Bartolli beat Kirsten Flipkens, easily and Sabine Lisicki's amazing win over Agi Radwanska - Marion went on to win the final and after Gentleman's invitation doubles; my husband enjoyed the fun play, he's not a tennis player but thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Plenty of places to eat, at reasonable prices, even the drinks are pub prices. You can take a soft sided chill bag of food. The champagne was expensive, maybe because the bottles donned a little Wimbledon outfit, I don't know.

The second week, the younger hopefuls play on the outer courts, plenty of raw talent to spot.

You can queue to get tickets to 1st, 2nd and Centre Courts for those who return their tickets, so you can grab a bargain for £10, though you may miss a set or two. Alternatively just buy an entry ticket and enjoy your picnic on Murray Mount watching the main matches on the big screen.

Beautiful grounds, with themed flowers of blues, purples and whites. A Jazz band was playing in one of the outside bars, and famous players are to-ing and fro-ing to the courts in their tennis whites.

1  Thank kate b
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Was here to help Andy Murray to win! The whole day was fabulous. We arrived as part of a package and when I saw the number of coaches arriving at the same time my heart sank as I thought we would be ages getting in but ye of little faith, I should have known that AELTC would have this covered efficiently and in no time we were in the grounds and being led to an area where we could spend our money before the main gate or the courts opened. A visit to the shop later and we were sitting on the tea lawn having a drink and listening to a superb brass band playing a very eclectic mix of music. We could not find a place to put our big toe let alone our backsides by the time we got to Murray Mount but no matter there were additional big screens on other courts. We had tickets for No1 court and the play we saw was spectacular and the scoreboard kept us up-to-date with Andy's progress. Every steward was courteous and more than helpful - from the security people at the gate to helpers in the shop to the stewards at the courts. Their watchword seemed to be to make sure that visitors had as great a day as they could make it for us, even when their patience was stretched by silly people who demanded entry to the courts while a point was being played. I have to go back newxt year to help Andy retain his title!?!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I went to Wimbledon on 4th July arriving with 3 children one of which was small and needed a stroller for the length of walk down to the entrance. We arrived at 10am and got straight through to the turnstiles and were offered the choice of a ground pass or a number 1 court ticket and we took the ground pass option which was great as we got access to all the outer courts right up to number 2 court as well as Murray Mound. We decided to watch the match on number 2 court and were advised by one of the firemen to place the child's stroller on the platform set aside for wheelchairs but he was overuled by another who said it was reserved for wheelchairs and we could not place the stroller on it. Eventually a steward intervened at my request and allowed me to keep the stroller on the platform as long as i stayed beside it. The firemen seemed arrogant and a bit above their station lacking manners and consideration given that there was not a wheel chair in sight right through the game. The steward while a bit fussy about how close I sat to the stroller at least had the wit to be realistic about any issues given the almost empty court at the time. Other than this petty little piece of grandstanding by a "fireman" the whole day was brilliant and we saw three good matches and stayed until after 7 pm and all had a brilliant day. Maybe if the staff at the gates were trained to warn us about the issue of the stroller at the courts it would have been a big help and avoided the issues.