“Excellent Value for Money - central tube location”
Review of Albion House Hotel

Albion House Hotel
Ranked #940 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I booked two nights at this hotel mid week at the end of February. The reception for check-in is at the Melville Hotel. In fact I was offered a room at the Melville instead of the Albion without any explanation. There are several hotels in Argyll Square that are part of the same Kings Cross Hotel Group and it appears they allocate rooms across all of the hotels. The room I was given was spotlessly clean! Hard wooden flooring, tiled bathroom, plasma TV, docking station, safe, coffee making and the bed was very comfortable. The room was small, but adequate for a business trip. Given its location it was excellent value for money. The iron in the basement for use by guests wasn't working and the receptionist didn't appear to know what to do when I brought it to their attention, so I just left it. There were some very noisy guests in the room next to mine on the second night who appeared to know the hotel staff. The walls are quite thin and the guests were singing and shouting and were also woken by the hotel staff early the following morning. I didn't try the continental breakfast. I was able to leave my bag on check-out and collect later on. I would stay at this hotel again for a couple of nights, and it's ideal for a business trip.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SMF2412
Mr Patrick P, Manager at Albion House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear guest

Thanks for your review

We are encouraged by your words

Many thanks and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Booked into the Albion, got there & was told to check in at the Melville over the other side of square, ended up in the Melville in a very small double room, very nice decor & clean but a strange set up, went for breakfast next morning and had to go back over the square to the Albion where we were asked for our breakfast ticket which we knew nothing about, after a little confusion & strange looks we decided to eat elsewhere as the breakfast choice was a little poor

• Stayed: February 2013
Mr Patrick P, Manager at Albion House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thanks for your review

We have now clearly signed where check in is and also it is clearly visible on all our hotel websites ; we would like you to know this before booking.

Breakfast has now improved and we are offering more choice

Regards

Patrick

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I would heartily recommend any of the Kings Cross Hotel group hotels on argyle square, although we stayed in the Excelsior we went in all 3 hotels. The rooms were incredibly good value, just 2 minutes from kings cross station, clean and freshly decorated. The staff were welcoming and very helpful both when we were there and to help with our booking. Breakfast was very simple, but as it was included in the price I think that is perfectly acceptable. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Mr Patrick P, Owner at Albion House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thanks for your positive comments ; we appreciate all our feedback

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I booka single room, luckily I am petite! Not a lot of space in the room. Clean room and bathroom. Warm and shutter in the room. The blanket was little. Walk through the shower to use the loo. I had the water cut for a while? The breakfast was included but I have been told it wasn't! Still have a copy of the booking and it says "breakfast included", anyway it was not that fresh so I've been out for it. At first they said I needed tickets for breakfast, then it wasn't included? The key of the main door was hard to use, so one night I had to go to the office to reach for help.
The good thing was that it is close to St Pancras international station. Walking distance to Oxford street, British museum and many bus lines. And I was just there to sleep and didn't spend a lot of time in the room. First 2 days the guy in charge of the hotel was really nice and helpful, the day after the other guy wasn't. I booked for the Excelsior, but the room was in the Albion in the same street, the reception is at the Melville 2 doors away from Excelsior. The hotel doesn't have a lift, ok for me as I am fit but I wouldn't advice it to my parents.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest

We have now made improvements :

All information ins now communicated clearly to all our customers.

On our website ; on the home page : we display all important information to avoid any confusion

For EG : Room sizes ; bed sizes; breakfast prices and where check in is located

We hope this gives everyone a clear picture of our hotel and services.

Regards
Patrick

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Although only spending a short time here the decor and staff are of equal top quality,
The staff was very helpful and friendly and even allowed me to photograph their beautiful decor.
The location is second to none with kings cross station literally across the road, with shops within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your review !

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I regularly stay at The Albion House Hotel when on business in London. The hotel is perfectly located next to King's Cross station, which means I can drop my bags off before heading off to meetings. Fantastic location for tube links.

Booking a room at the last minute, and last minute changes, are never a problem with Patrick Parekh, Manager. Everything is taken care of.

The rooms are always clean and perfectly adequate fur business stop overs.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thanks for your review we hope to see you soon

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The beds are sooo comfy! Especially after walking round London for most of the day! Perfectly located with major transport links at the top of the road! The room was small but if all you are doing is sleeping or watching a bit of telly it is fine. Being small meant it warmed up pretty quickly once the radiator was turned on. Which is handy in December. The main road is very busy all the time but the street the hotel is on is pretty quiet. Everything was clean and tidy in the room. We did find it amusing that the two beds had been pushed together for us for our second night. (We booked a twin and were asked on arrival if we would prefer a double. We said no a twin would be fine! This is not the first time me and my best friend have been mistaken for lesbians. lol) The only thing I can complain about is the lack of milk and sugar provided and when we asked for more they sent up coffee and milk! But apart from that it was reasonably priced, clean friendly and the beds are really comfy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends