“Liberty, Best of British in London!”
Review of Liberty

Ranked #16 of 738 Shopping in London
Oslo, Norway
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Liberty, Best of British in London!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

When in London, I always make sure to visit my favourite store, Liberty. This is a unique place, and compared to places like Harrods and Selfridges, a haven of tranquility. I've grown up with the Liberty fabrics and invariably head for the fabrics department every time I'm there, and just as invariably return to Oslo with several metres of beautiful lawns and silks! There are lots of first class fashions at Liberty too of course, as well as homeware, cosmetics, gifts, unusual jewellery and of course the wonderful Liberty print silk scarves, which make first class gifts! Liberty is the place to find the unusual, the eccentric, the special, that which can't be found in other stores, all with a very British flavour!

Visited November 2013

Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I visited Liberty on my last trip to London and their service at Diptyque counter was just terrible.
Rude girls with no interest in helping customers were just standing there chatting and commenting on how overweight one of the customers was! unbelievable.Will never shop there again.

5 Thank 223322valeriem
LibertyLondon1875, Manager at Liberty, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our store. We're very sorry to hear the experience you had in our Diptyque department and will be passing your comments onto the Diptyque team and our Customer Services Manager.

Many thanks

Liberty London
Melbourne, Australia
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Fabric lover's Alladins Cave.”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

What a great experience wandering through Liberty of London. Visit this store whenever I am in London. Always something new and interesting to see. I especially like the craft and fabric section as I run a craft market stall in Australia. Always good to have something different to sell from the purchases at Liberty. More expensive than the run of the mill department stores. Unique building design as well. Centrally located in Regent Street and easy to find. Have found the staff a little on the unfriendly side but still I return there. Have purchased haberdashery and fabrics there to take back to Australia. If you love fabric etc you simply must go there.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Not Worth It”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Liberty’s located at the top of Carnaby Street is a gorgeous building inside and out but for me that’s where it ended this visit, we had previously visited the store on one other occasion and it was okay, nothing special the lady that served us was pleasant but slightly a bit offish when she realised we weren’t spending a lot of money.

This visit we went to the chocolate shop located on the ground floor which does a wide selection of chocolate, My Friends noticed however a sign that was hidden in the corner of the department explaining that the store was currently been filmed over a period of time for a show and if you stayed in the store you were giving permission to be filmed, I was not bothered at this fact however my friend was a little off put, the sign was hidden away behind a pillar and not visible to all customers.

I Chose what I wanted to buy and headed towards the till which is hidden behind a large display and difficult to navigate around there was one lady been served by a member of staff on the till who was very pleasant but unfortunately I didn’t get served by her, a queue had started to build up and a gentleman sales assistant headed towards the till I thought to help get the queue down but he brought his customer over and jumped her straight to the front of the queue and allowed her to pay for her purchase without having to queue which caused a bit of a annoyance with people in the queue, unfortunately I was served by this man who was very rude indeed, there was no apology for the queue jumping which he seemed to think was okay as that lady was buying a large amount of chocolate, there was no eye contact or conversation apart from to tell me how much I owed, no goodbye or anything.

I will not be visiting again especially since I’ve now visited twice and the both times the assistants have been rude.

5 Thank Bobbehroo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our store. We're very sorry to hear the experience you had and have passed your message on to our Customer Services Manager.

Many thanks

Liberty London
Washington DC, District of Columbia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Absolute Must in London”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I would never have known about this architectural gem in London if it wasn't for a friendly stranger on the tube. This store is so creative and beyond your typical department store - like Harrod's. It has a very unique layout...smaller rooms that go on and on and on. And there are amazing departments, including the art and chocolates and fabric. Make sure you go all the way to the top floor to the area with the art/rugs/textiles and look down through the center of the entire store. It was one of the highlights of my trip.