“Eclectic mix of delights”
Review of Liberty

and up
Independent Shopping Tour of London with Private Driver
Ranked #17 of 776 Shopping in London
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I am in love with this department store! I had dreamed of visiting ever since being introduced to their fabrics via the line they did in conjunction with Target a few years ago. It was truly a unique shopping experience.

The exterior of the building is lovely in its own right while the interior is just amazing. Of course, there were the clothes which were very high end. It was a completely different experience than shopping in the U.S. where everything is conspicuously security tagged. I saw a 2500 pound Alexander McQueen coat just hanging on a rack like any other item.

The highlights for me were the home and fabric sections. There was a huge area of just fabrics , trims and notions. There were many unique choices including Liberty's own line of trademark florals. The top floor was full of unique furnishings and home accessories. I was astounded by the variety. If you enjoy stores like Anthropologie, you will adore their home section. Everything had a one of a kind and special feeling. One line that they have right now that I was especially taken with is designed by Rory Dobner. It is black and white drawings of animals doing human things like wearing monocles and smoking.

We also enjoyed lunch in the cafe which I have reviewed separately.

Even if you're only visiting London a short time, Liberty is worth a look.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Always a pleasure to shop in the corridors of Liberty. So many great brands, known and unknown gems alike, mainly all good quality.

Service in the menswear department is always exceptional as it is on most of the counters bar a few.

My only criticism is while the menswear buying has got better there's still much room for improvement. A lot of the great collection pieces are missed out especially where footwear is concerned. I think the Liberty buyers need to take a good look at this as well as the accessories department, as they are missing out some great pieces. Plus I'd like to see a keen more devoted stationary section separate from cards and gift wrap, again an area of essential growth.

Other than that I'm a devoted customer.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

What a wonderful shop this is. It never fails to please. We had a spot of lunch, which was wonderful and reasonably good value. Everyone should visit here to look at the magnificent decoration and workmanship.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I went to Liberty on three seperate occassions on our long trip to London. Each time, we were served by very helpful and friendly staff. The Christmas shop was just magical, you can totally lose yourself in the walls of Christmas decorations. It's a lovely experience even if you don't buy anything and a great place to get some decorating ideas. The yarn shop has common 'posh' yarns, but in unique colour ways. They are a little short on knitting needles so I would go somewhere else for these. The fabric packs were eye watering prices, but still lovely to see how they put different fabrics together.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

In London? Looking to shop for fabrics? Look no further than Liberty, 1/2 block off Regent Street. I may sound like a commercial, but I'm serious. My wife is really into interior design, and Liberty's fabric department will knock your socks off!

1  Thank Philip H