“Not one I'd recommend to a friend”
Review of Palace Theatre

Palace Theatre
Book In Advance
More Info
$209.00*
and up
Private Walking Tour: Harry Potter - Whitehall to...
Ranked #242 of 1,854 things to do in London
Reviewed December 8, 2014

The commitments had a good write up so I thought we give it a try .....bad mistake...couldn't understand the strong Irish accent ( far too put on ) and was more like karaoke than singing more shouting ...really not my thing ,far too much swearing ...given a choice miss it .

4  Thank Lynn F
in 114 reviews
"performance"
in 103 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2014

Awful. Really don't waste your money. I fell asleep. The first half consisted of a number of arguments. At the end of the second half, they changed into show biz type clothes and invited you to stand up and dance. One of the worst London shows I have ever seen.

2  Thank Sally F
Reviewed December 4, 2014

We saw The Commitments here in the first weekend of November. The fabulous red brick theater built in the 1880’s is filled with beautiful period details which hint at it’s beginning as London’s Royal Grand Opera House. The interior plaster work and wall details, especially the ceilings are quite amazing and shine after a restoration 1989 for the exterior and 2004 for the interior. Don’t forget to hit the bar downstairs with it beautiful curving bar and matching lounge.

Reviewed December 4, 2014

I booked the commitments before I realised which theatre it was showing at, what a delight that it was the Palace theatre, I had visited years ago and had forgotten what a fantastic theatre it was.
Yes it's a little tired and could do with some new carpet and some paint, but once inside it creates it's own atmosphere and looking back from near the front to see all 4 levels, it looked fantastic. The show was super, great singing and loads of energy, it's a must see show and see it at the Palace.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 27, 2014

My parents were visiting and wanted to see a show. As we are Irish, I decided it would be nice to see a little something from home. I was worried my dad wouldn't enjoy it, as he doesn't like musicals. Well, I was wrong! He was up singing and dancing, and absolutely loved it! My mum and I were the same. The acting was fantastic, there was good comic relief, and the band were really able to get the crowd going! The mini concert at the end was fantastic, everyone in the theatre was on their feet! Fantastic lead singer, a real showman! All the actors were great, the MC was brilliant too. I highly recommend this show, it's a real treat.

1  Thank Susan0512