“Singing in theRain”

and up
Private Walking Tour: Harry Potter - Whitehall to the West End
Ranked #181 of 1,765 things to do in London
Reviewed February 26, 2013

fantastic show, smiled the whole way through, audience really enjoyed it, lovely, costumes really lovely , songs lovely, dancing lovely, loved it all! Would go back tomorrow! No lift though for upstairs, be warned!

All reviews
in 165 reviews
"rows"
in 65 reviews

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We attended the matinee performance on 23rd Feb 2013 for my birthday. We had a drink in the bar and then took our seats, after fifteen minutes there was an announcement that they had technical problems andf there would be a further delay of fifteen minutes. After another half an hour of waiting the Manager appeared on the stage and said that due to a problem with the safety curtain that afternoons performance was cancelled. After being kept waiting for an hour, even though the audience was prompted to go to the bar for further overpriced drinks during this time, we were told to file out in an 'orderly' manner. We were given letters at the door to enable us to claim refunds on our tickets but with no apology to accompany them, luckily I live only a few minutes from the theatre but what about the people who had travelled miles from around the country to see the show, what recompense for them? Shoddily handled in the extreme with no concern for their paying customers, a free drink would not have gone amiss, can I please have that wasted hour of my life back, no? I thought not.

3  Thank martb57
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

wow wow wow! Perfect full of life really enjoyed every second!! Sat in row d and really felt part of it! Yes got wet but it was fun.. Thoroughly enjoyed it recommend to anyone to sit in stalls at the front.. Jenifer Ellison was brilliant! Singing dancing top faultless!! Drinks however a little pricey £6.00 250ml glass of wine and cider each.. Programmes £7.00 with little detail just pictures! Cast book better..

Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you like a simple and amusing story with lots of fast-paced dancing in pretty dresses then you will enjoy this. The songs are well-known and are woven into the drama well. There is plenty of tap dancing and the show has a nostalgic feel which matches the beautiful little theatre. We sat in the front row of the stalls which meant that we couldn't see the dancer's feet because of the steps leading up to the stage. The seats seemed to start to tier from the third row back so these seats might have given a better view though leg room would be very limited. The first and second act end with copious amounts of rain which flood the stage and form a great spectacle. We got pretty wet though a coat over your knees is good protection. All in all, an uplifting, feel good experience from beginning to end.

1  Thank CambridgeMaggie