Open today: 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Big Store - Big Prices !

First thing you notice when entering the store is the smell of the cosmetic area , it`s BIG ! treat... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
EastYorksCpl
Bridlington, United Kingdom
Won’t refund on a dishwasher that leaves dirty dishes! I have an engineer report which states that there is residue

Terrible experience with customer service some even said they couldn’t see the engineers comment on... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Me2345678

Recommended experiences in and around London
from $32.01
from $108.85
from $21.45
from $38.42
More Info
All reviews oxford street roof garden department store shoppers browse
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited the store Kingston store t9day to make a purchase that was £20 cheaper at House Of Fraser die to a promotional discount they were offering everyone across theor beauty department. I went to the beauty department with the item I wanted to purchase and to receive a price match on only to be met with to rude, condescending, snotty sales staff who were hiding behind the concessions stand gossiping. They we're clearly annoyed that I had interrupted their chit chat and made it evident in the body language, facial expressions at me and each other, their abrupt condescending way they spoke to me and complete lack of interest. They disgustingly looked up the product on the House Of Fraser website and stated that the product shoes at the same price as JL on the product page. I again attempted to show them my phone which showed the item in my basket ready to purchase with the £20 discounted at point of purchase (as it clearly states on their "never knowingly sold" policies page at "point of purchase" and not point of product page).

They we're completly disinterested and went onto act like I was not even there.

Fast forward a few telephone calls later and a "Price Match" request, and still awaiting a call from the branch manager, I received confirmation that they were able to offer a price match and so indeed I was correct and those condenscing, arrogant, rude sales assistants were indeed wrong and if have no doubt they knew they were wrong.The store manager still hasn't telephoned, no surprise, and unlikely to contact me at all.

Based on my treatment and completly f@cking up my Saturday I won't be purchasing this or any item ever again from JL and will be purchasing the item I wanted feom House of Fraser. Rather disappointing since I have made some big purchases from them in the past.

The call centre were great at handling my call. They were apologetic, understanding and courteous.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There are other more well-known department stores in London but this one is in a category by itself. It is very approachable with all the stuff you'd want to buy. Practical solutions from garments, electronics, and homewares. A manageable sized store that doesn't stock a bunch of over-priced stuff that only the 1% purportedly buys.

Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

Rubbish! Well good if you want to be verbally abused by their staff! Dreadful place. No regard for their customers.

Reviewed September 10, 2019

Poor customer service and (head of customer services) experience.

I bought a phone from John Lewis and they use DHL uk (why I'm not sure as they have appaling reviews). Anyway, I used the service to have the phone sent to a pick up point and thats where the issues began.

DHL use a system that you must bring your photo ID plus a system issued code from them before you can pick up your item BUT THE CODE ISSUE SYSTEM is faulty so no codes were being issued.

I logged a call with JL, DHL, JL head of customer services - and all three areas gave me the run around!
I went to the pick up point 5 TIMES, spent hours on the phone and numerous emails were sent - in the end myself and the local pickup had to trust each other for them to hand the phone over.

JL, DHL, JL head of customer services - were of no help...

....oh and we are sorry is what JL and DHL have said....so be prepared for this lousy service and time wasting if you order from them....its the NORM!

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

I’ve used this several time and the orders often turn up late. This was a large order too around £500. I called customer services and they just shrugged. Too unreliable I’m afraid :-(