“Worst customer service - ever”
Review of John Lewis

John Lewis
Ranked #121 of 786 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Collaborations with Alice Temperley and its own Kin label play well with the fashion crowd, but it's the roof garden and stylish, not-so-basic homewares selection that may be the biggest draws.
Reviewed May 18, 2014

John Lewis on line offer the worst customer service that I have ever experienced. I live in Perthshire which JL call a 'remote region' therefore all deliveries are via a third party carrier. I ordered a book case and was promised 7 day delivery, over two weeks later the item arrived, heavily damaged and with pieces missing. Ordered a replacement and collection of damaged goods, two weeks later replacement arrive BUT carrier refused to pick up damaged goods. John Lewis now say I have to wait in again for them to collect (Mondays only offered) or they will charge me for the damaged goods. In all the process has taken 6 weeks. Customer care blame the customer - never again - be warned there are much better operators out there.
Previously I have had a JL bed delivered with parts missing and an office chair with broken parts.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Don't come here to shop but head to the 5th floor and out on the roof garden to while away half an hour in a deck chair sipping a cool drink and looking over the rooftops of London then head down to the 3rd floor for an excellent exhibition about the first 150 years of John Lewis which covers the interesting story of the founding family and the values they held and expected their staff to hold.There are also many interesting exhibits covering WW2 and branding, changing fashion, JL fabrics....

Hopefully the JL Board will revisit the Founding Principles and JL will revert a little to the shop it once was rather than tryingto take over the world.

1  Thank sheepygold
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is the best shop in London - but only if your taste in clothes is relatively conservative. But everything else is just great, as are the staff (on the whole - one was quite rude to my wife once). And the way it's run - as a staff-owned enterprise - should make it a must for any of you anti-profiteerss out there.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I already know, see my last review that this store had changed for the worst but needed some braiding in haberdashery so braved another visit well guess what the area that formerly had such a good choice is gone replaced with a tiny fraction of an offering that was all but impossible to find, store layout is crammed dark and panic inducing. Left without finding anything in their reduced offering, should have taken my own advice and never gone back here.

3  Thank MDBU
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We bought a TV from John Lewis 4.5 years ago. We had been struggling with the remote and connection to DVD for sometime - bought new DVD player - put numerous new batteries in the remote - finally discovered it was a fault with the TV. JL arranged for someone to come out (all the way from Plymouth to St Ives) to look at it. They ordered a part. The part did not come in and after two week's delay, John Lewis agreed to provide us with a replacement TV. They offered us a TV of similar spec - and said if we upgraded they would give us another 5 year guarantee. This we did. So we have a new smart TV with a new 5 year guarantee. We were treated well, and felt a valued customer. However, I would advise people not to buy from John Lewis on the internet. Our daughter bought an expensive cooker via the internet as the store did not stock this particular make. She had problems with it from the outset and JL were dire! Sadly all this happened as she was coming to the end of her pregnancy and about to give birth. They had no cooker for weeks. I took over the fight as she was in no fit state, and they were a dead loss. We went into a local store to complain and they said there was nothing they could do as it was purchased via the internet. That was appalling! Buy from a shop and they are brill!!!!!

1  Thank Piglet56