“what a waste of time”

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“what a waste of time”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Order to day- collect after 2p m next day
I ordered a new iPad for my company on the phone and got to the point of payment by debit card.
Was then told after 15-20 minutes they would not accept payment because card was not in my name.
Company director whose name was on debit card then ordered iPad as requested by j Lewis
We drove 65 miles to Exeter to collect next day.When we arrived at Exeter company director went through I D checks at the collection desk when they were told it had not been sent due to security issues. No suitable iPad was available ........waste of time?
We went to the apple store in Exeter and purchased exactly what was needed in the space of 15 minutes with same debit card.There wer no issues with securities.
In the short space of time in John Lewis's store I had bad vibes of customer services , surrounded
by people with long faces.......
What a shame after all the good shopping experiences at Waitrose of whom we are fans.
Would have don better at Tesco?

Visited January 2014
17 Thank jon b

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“John lewis high Wycombe”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Don't bother all bought in rubbish and seconds, that's if you make it in, queuing is horrendous as the newly made over store is unable to accommodate the cars. Used to love JL shadow of its former self.

15 Thank MDBU
Liverpool, United Kingdom
578 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,226 helpful votes
“Never knowingly underwhelmed!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been a fan of JL for over forty years and always make for this flagship store, in Oxford Street, whenever I am nearby.

There is department after department of top quality products, from fashion to white goods, TV's to kitchen gadgets.

Remember that they are, "Never knowingly undersold" too, so customers are assured of the best value.

4 Thank Howi58
Southampton
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Extremely disappointing and won't be bothering again!!!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Had to buy a new built in oven and fridge freezer, Was surprised to find that John Lewis were competitive and thought I would get good customer service to tried to place an order over the phone. After taking my order I was told that the fridge freezer was coming directly from the manufacturer and could take 3 weeks.......er..supposed to be 'in stock', why? Even more importantly, the people delivering wouldn't be installing, we would have to ring up AFTER it had been delivered to arrange installation. Decided that was ridiculous and cancelled that item leaving just the oven. I was given a date and a time slot of 7-2. Fair enough. The night before, seeing as it is close to xmas and we are all busy, I thought I would ring and see if they had a better idea of when it was coming. I was told by some belligerent person that it would be delivered between 7-2. I asked if it was possible to speak to someone as obviously they must have planned out the route etc but he just kept saying 'it will be delivered between 7-2' over and over again. Eventually he said to ring back in the morning as they may be able to tell me more then........that was obviously a lie to get me off the phone as the next morning a (at least) more polite girl told me that it wasn't possible to tell me anything. She said they couldn't give me another number as they weren't allowed to give out any delivery details etc. Now I am sorry......I was having something delivered the other day and got an email the day before to give me a 1 hour timeslot for delivery. There was also a website to go to to see that I was no 83 of 120, with a map, which obviously updated every time a delivery was made so that you could track your delivery completely. Surprise surprise, it was delivered EXACTLY when stated. Yet a company the size of John Lewis can't even manually give you an idea!!!!!! Not good enough and I will NEVER order anything like this from them again.

2 Thank TravellerMich
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“John Lewis.com”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I ordered on Tuesday and was advised that my purchase would be delivered within 5 days. The courier they use, Hermes, state they have attempted delivery twice, both times whilst I've been in my house but john lewis do not seem to give a stuff! They have my money and when I telephoned them they said when I do eventually get my parcel to call them back so they can apologise! Unbelievable!

2 Thank Baylobird