“Very disappointed with customer service”
Review of John Lewis

John Lewis
Ranked #117 of 776 Shopping in London
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I ordered a laptop with John Lewis online, it was a present for my son and as it hasn't arrived, i was waiting in anticipation hoping it would arrive in time but it didn't. I had to tell him what he was getting rather than give him the present. I was told that it would be delivered the next day as it says on their website. However the next day in the afternoon I received an email to say that my delivery was not ready to be collected. In the email they said it would be ready in the evening or the next day, it wasn't.The following day after the collection day I phoned John Lewis and they told me that they didn't know where my delivery had gone! They said that they would 'escalate' the matter and get back to me. The next day, two days after, I rung them and they told me again the same thing but that they have a policy of two days to return your call, I haven't received a call and am still awaiting the call and my delivery! I am not very happy with the delivery service or the cooperation of the customer service team. I am very disappointed with John Lewis!

5  Thank Nathan J

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This used to be a brilliant store until their recent "refurbishment". Yes, there are more items on display but nothing is in stock. Three times I have been there recently and none of the 6 items I wanted was available. The assistants replies was always "we can order it and it will be here in two days". I can do that sort of shopping on the internet and as a result I went to other stores in the area and John Lewis lost over £1000 of revenue.

128  Thank Rachel W
Reviewed November 16, 2013

It was the 3rd time I tried to place the same order with John Lewis. First, I visited John Lewis at Oxford Street store in London. They, of course, did not have the product I wanted to purchase in store and placed an order online (what is the purpose of the store then?). 10 minutes later I received a Cancellation email notification saying that my order had been cancelled. I went back to the Oxford Street John Lewis store. They told me that my Bank did not authorise the payment. Fine, I called my Bank, their advice was that John Lewis does not know how to process the payments, and that the money was released to John Lewis – I had also received a text message form the Bank confirming that the money had left my bank account.
Second attempt – I tried to place my order online today using my other Bank card’s details – I thought that maybe there was a problem with my Bank in the first instance, and thought it might be worth trying processing the payment via another bank. Promotional code did not work online; therefore I had to place my order over the phone. Guess what? After John Lewis member of staff happily advised me on the successful placement of my order, 10 minutes later I received a Cancellation email notification saying that my order has been cancelled (AGAIN!). I picked up the phone and called John Lewis and was told the same story that my Bank (by the way, another one!) did not authorise my payment and advised me to call the Bank. Fine, I called my Bank (bear in mind, all calls, including John Lewis ones, start with 08456… and I wonder who is going to pay for these telephone charges). My Bank confirmed that money had left my account and was in the authorisation stage, with my available limit reduced by the purchase amount. The Bank advised me that John Lewis incorrectly processed my payment and that John Lewis needed to remove the authorisation marker from their system. I called John Lewis again (third attempt), a member of their staff tried to place another order (they also discovered that my personal details were entered incorrectly by the John Lewis staff member who I placed my order with over the phone) PROMISSING that they are not going to charge me twice, that they will use the first authorisation, as my question was ‘How are you going to place another order if there are not enough funds in my bank account after John Lewis ‘screwed up’ (forgive me for this phrase) with the initial payment?’… Guess what? Payment did not do through due to lack of funds on my bank account. The John Lewis staff member did exactly what they said they would not do – i.e., charge me twice! How are they hiring these people?
Advice from John Lewis – ‘Call the Bank to release the payment’. I even called the Bank – they were surprised with John Lewis’s response (politely speaking) as release of fund would have meant me going into ridiculous overdraft (it was not a £10 order, by the way…). Called John Lewis, even spoke to their Team Leader (Managers were apparently on holidays – what a coincidence!), who could only advise to place an order again after 3-5 working days when the funds get released from the John Lewis’s system…
Answer one simple question – what has happened to Customer Service? Banks are 100% much better in dealing with their customers nowadays (touch wood) – at least the probability of tearing your hair out is not 90%, which in my case unfortunately is with John Lewis. I spent at least half an hour this afternoon to resolve this issue with John Lewis and the members of staff were least helpful in resolving my issue. I called my Bank numerous times who confirmed that there was no issue from the Bank’s side and that the fault was with John Lewis. I made one attempt to buy this product from your Oxford Street Branch with one bank card. I then made another attempt to buy this product over the phone today with another bank card and this has been the worst experience ever. John Lewis’s loss – I will but it somewhere else.

38  Thank N N
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Excellent Customer Care
Top quality brands and fantastic quality
Every-time I visit London, we have to shop at John Lewis. This time I have to say that the service and care for clients was outstanding. I returned the following day with a product which was broken when I opened the box. The worst part of it is that I couldn't find the receipt. The staff at the desk referred the matter to her supervisor and without any hesitation whatsoever the product was changed..... And the supervisor actually said sorry for having brought us back to the store. We'll done .... We will return !!!

5  Thank MCami61
Reviewed November 4, 2013

purchasher trio fridge from john lewis .waited months for delivery cost 4000 pounds given very small compensation dont bother overpriced rubbish .customer service not good iam now 200 pounds out of pocket

12  Thank Luke S