“Great Tour, Great Mystery!”

Jack the Ripper Walking Tour with London Walks
Ranked #134 of 723 Tours in London
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I turned up to Tower Hill Tube on a wet Saturday evening thinking why did I decide to do this out of all the nights! (And in summer?!)

I needn't worry as when I walked out of the tube looking for the "white pamphlet" I was met by the very friendly Liam, our guide for the tour and a good Irishman to boot.

I was impressed with Liam's ability to keep the group interested and entertained for the duration. Often with walking tours I have trouble staying interested (guide dependent) but no such worries here.

The killings themselves sounded very graphic and brutal. The tour itself gives you an idea of the relative small area Jack the Ripper operated in. It's thought he lived where he killed. All in all a fascinating story of one of the world's great mysteries. Although how much of the story has remained true from 1888 to 2013 is certainly debatable, Liam certainly told the story like we were all there at the time.

In conclusion I really enjoyed the tour and Liam. London Walks do a good Ripper walk. Also great to finish the walk at the famous Ten Bells pub!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This tour was led by a chap called Alex who was excellent. His commentary was very informative and delivered with enthusiasm and humour. We walked through parts of London you wouldn't normally go to and on a warm summer bustling evening this tour was a delight. I would highly recommend .

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I wanted to do this tour specifically because it is the London Walks most popular tour. A large group showed up and was split in two. Graphic images on the guide's ipad are shown so I recommend not
bringing young children. The narrative of the story was great, our guide did a great job and she had a background with acting/voiceover which helped set the mood. However, some of the sights you are taken to during the walk are just places to listen to the guide and aren't related to actual sights of the crimes. Overall it was alright but I am amazed that people have done this tour multiple times, I can't say this is a must do in London but fine if you have the time in your itinerary and have a interest in the Jack the Ripper story.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The tour was cancelled & I wasnt informed. My Travel agent in Australia knew but didnt inform me. If you book this tour make sure you ring them the day before to see if it is still on. It seems they didnt have a driver for that tour that was why it was cancelled.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

A good tour for adults however it was a little over our groups heads.We had to walk them through drinkers outside bars which was not a good thing.