“Kiddies paradise!”

Ranked #18 of 776 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hamleys Toy Store is paradise on Earth for children, teens and adults. The magnificent seasonal windows, the displays and installations of various themes and the hundreds of toys create the “myth” of Hamleys and make children from all countries want to visit.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My children were in paradise! They really enjoyed the experience of looking at so many different toes of toys in one place and all of the demos. My children age from 2 to 11 and there was something for all 3 of them. My husband nd I enjoyed watching them marvel at their first trip but didn't enjoy tooing and froing from floor to floor to accommodate them! Would have liked more gimmicky demos and more space to watch them.....perhaps a half floor dedicated to new toy demos would be cool to inspire the children! On return home there appears to be 3 (probably insignificant) items missing from the Harry potter harmonie set my daughter used £29 of her birthday money for. Not expected from a top toy store and now not rectifiable! Would we go back....oh yes try and stop me....top tips have a drink and toilet run first, allow a good 2 to 3 hours and plan a toilet run and a sit down/coffee for afterwards to recover!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Having visited the Toys r Us in Times Square earlier in the year which claims to be the largest toy store in the world, we dropped by at Hamleys at Christmas for a comparison. It looks like Toys r Us boast is nearer the truth.

However the kids can have fun at London's Hamleys, although the lifts can be a mission taking you up and down and we quickly decided to use the stairs, there was something to admire at every floor and the kids pestered us to buy something for them. However, prices are steep and even during the sales season, I felt its better to look and then purchase cheaply on the internet from another retailer.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We loved walking round and watching people show us how to use some of the toys. Man doing the magic tricks was great! Nail art stuff for girls was great when done by assistant which meant we bought it (nearly £50 for 2 sets!!! We're mad!!!) but much harder to put on at home to our daughters dismay...
Everything was so so overpriced but has given us ideas of things our daughter would like!
Very busy. Even on a Sunday!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

As tourists, our children always enjoy visiting Hamleys. This may have been our last visit.
My 11 year old son had some birthday money to spend. Straight to the Lego section. He had been carefully planning his choices, and researching prior to our visit.
It was a big disappointment to him to leave empty handed. We estimate that Lego products are 20-50% dearer than other outlets.
For example, Lego Minifigures (availabnle just about everywhere) are GBP3 at Hamleys. Equalled only by Heathrow airport prices. All other outlets have them for GBP1.99
Lego - go to the Lego Stores or Argos.
Radio controlled helicopters GBP40. ModelZone GBP19.99
I won't go on.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Packed. As all touristy attractions are. But loads of toys to browse and the giant cuddly toys are adorable.

Sadly nothing I wanted enough to spend that amount of cash on. but a fun hour of browsing and playing