“Good Sunday lunch”
Review of The Lord Clyde

The Lord Clyde
Ranked #6,620 of 28,484 Restaurants in London
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

My first time eating here.I enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. The beef was very nicely cooked and tender. The veg was not overcooked. The portions were generous. I liked the fact there was space between the tables so you're not on top of others. Nice decor. Relaxed. I'd go again.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a reviewReviews (66)

Reviewed December 17, 2018

We came here on a Sunday for our annual girls Xmas lunch. We all did the 3 course set menu and it was brilliant. Unlike pretty much every pub/restaurant I have been to recently for group bookings, we were not rushed or hurried to eat. The service was great, they were attentive but not too much. The portions were huge and the food was delicious. The famous bloody Mary's went down a treat for the ones with a hangover. I don't write many tripadvisor reviews but was so pleasantly surprised with the standard of food and service I felt I had to!

1  Thank annabelm795
Reviewed December 15, 2018 via mobile

The Lord Clyde is one of my local pubs. If you live in the area you know it is swimming with great pubs! I visited the LC on Thursday evening and it was rather quiet and empty which was slightly disappointment considering it is Christmas however the staff were friendly as always. The food was of good standard however the Bloody Mary’s at this pub are simply the best!
My advice to you would be start at the LC with a Bloody Mary and do a pub crawl of the area (De Beauvoir Arms, Scolt Head, Talbot and to finish the Haggerston) note these pubs get very full on the weekends! But the atmosphere is simply the best X x

1  Thank maevebrown18
Reviewed December 7, 2018 via mobile

The bar snacks, Sunday roasts and service are all really good. Friendly and welcoming service and roast belly pork Sunday dinner... what's not to like?

Reviewed December 1, 2018 via mobile

Great food.

2-4-1 delicious burgers on Wednesday.

Manager is a dream, always friendly and accommodating.

What’s not to love?