“Perfect affordable accommodation in London”
Review of Martel Guest House

and 1 more site!
Martel Guest House
Ranked #54 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 11, 2011

This B&B is a perfect affordable accommodation in London. The B&B is in a quiet street 5 min walking distance from Golders Green high street and tube and bus stations (zone 3). So, the location is convenient to get Central London (20 min to Leicester Square by tube) and Stansted Airport (one hour direct ride by coach every 20-30 min).
The quadruple room we stayed in was big enough, was extremely clean and very quiet facing the back garden. It had a nice TV, an ensuite shower/bathroom, a fridge and a free wifi internet access (you even have the chance to rent a laptop. The beds (one double and two single) were very confortable.
Breakfast prepared and served by the owner in a cosy dining room facing the back garden was great.
The first day we arrived earlier that checking out time, but we had no problems to check in. We also were able to leave our luggage after checking out the last day.
In conclusion, Martell Guest House is a highly recommendable accomodation in London. We will definitively stay in this B&B next time we visit London.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed December 7, 2011

Working as a Contractor in London is difficult, as accommodation is at a premium and the companies we work for want to pay as little as possible. So when my OH, found the Martel online, I was nervous. It is a great bed and breakfast, the owner is very personable, efficient and provides a top notch clean, airy and pleasant accommodation. There is free wi-fi, the breakfast is great and the room was perfect, great TV, lots of channels, a really nice experience. As a contractor my needs are about parking, a good shower, and clean place to lay my head. The Martel met all of these with spades. It is five minutes to the tube, so we were able to leave our tools onsite and buy an oyster card. Golders Green has a busy high street, with fast food , nice sushi and begal bars a plenty. The hotel is on a lovely residential street, and given that London is such a big city, it feels safe, and nice. The other benefit is the price, we have paid twice the martels price, around the corner and the rooms were smelly and dirty. If wanting to stay in a pleasant, bed and breakfast in zone 3, it is a great choice, I would stay here with my OH, on a visit to the capital, because for the all over package, it beats the big chains hands down. However as a contractor it rocks, because our companies will not pay London prices for accommodation, so the Martel fits our price point, but delivers a really good experience and a strong recommendation. I have put excellent on all, as it really is a great find and there are so many places at three times the price, that only match the Martel, so why pay?

Room Tip: Always say if a contractor, as the Martel has self catering accommodation too. Which may suit longe...
1  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Nice B&B in a very pleasant and peaceful area .... above all after busy and noisy walks in London
very nice breakfast in a pretty dining room face to a lovely garden
we stayed only 2 nights : it was too short !!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2011

This B&B is in a very quiet road, but close to the high street and tube. It's very convenient. There is a good tv, fridge, ensuite shower (small), comfortable beds in each room I've stayed in, as well as free wi-fi and so on. Breakfast is great.

Reviewed December 6, 2011

My daughter and I stayed in the Martel for five nights and we liked it very much.
The house located near the Golders Green center but not effected of the cars and buses sound.
The room is large, comfort and the free wi-fi is really added value to the room facilities.
Breakfasts are tasty, actually cooked in front of you, and with variety of choices.
We arrived very late at night and the keys waited for us at an agreed location.
Overall, we got even more than we expected and we'll use it again next time we'll be in the city.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I initially booked this place for 5 nights but it was so good I stayed an extra 2 nights. It is close to the tube and all the main shops. Your room gets cleaned everyday. Breakfast is great- the owner essentially cooks you whatever you feel like. I had a flat screen TV in my room with sky and heating that I could adjust myself. Heaps of cupboard space. Free wireless. When I left they booked me a taxi and carried all my things outside. I would stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Room was spotless - tea & coffee making facilities - fridge great idea - everyone was really nice and very helpful - even when I pulled the knob off the door !! So sorry Phil - don't know my own strength!! It's your fab breakfasts that did it you know!!! :-) Excellent base for visiting London easy access to tube and buses - Golders Green offers plenty of places to eat - a must is the Turkish restaurant!! Would recommend and will be back to see what else I can break!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple