“Level 52”

Bookatable
Ranked #1,382 of 27,494 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southwark
Description: Experience the highest bar in London, bringing unparalleled elegance to the city’s social scene. Elevated on Level 52, this is the perfect place for sunset cocktails and late-night drinks, featuring the dramatic backdrop of London’s skyline, with views to the west, north and east. The bar offers three distinct areas: the cocktail bar, the Champagne bar and the Sky Pool (open Friday & Saturday from 9pm). The name GŎNG derives from ‘dougong’, a traditional Chinese architectural element of interlocking wooden brackets, featured in the bar’s distinctive design.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

You can’t beat the nighttime view of the city from this elegant bar. Upon arrival there was a seating capacity limit but were lucky enough to snag a window table after pleading with the host. Then quickly elevated to the top with much anticipation and it didn’t disappoint. The cocktails were complex and delicious. Nice way to end the evening.

Date of visit: July 2019
Shangri-LaLondon, General Manager at GONG Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear ofdevils,

Thank you for finding the time to write a review of your recent experience at GŎNG.

I am over the moon that you enjoyed your cocktails and the wonderful night views of London from our bar in the sky. I love to receive feedback like this and I will ensure to pass it on to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to GŎNG in the near future.

GŎNG General Manager

Write a reviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

You must book in advance to ensure a seat. We had booked and on arrival were seated on a sofa awaiting a window seat. We got a window table and seat after about 3 minutes. As you would expect the views are breathtaking as are the prices for cocktails. However this place is a bit special and we expected high prices to match the high position. The service was excellent as were the cocktails. Very enjoyable birthday treat.

Dear G07,

I am so pleased you enjoyed the service and cocktails during your visit with us, obviously the views are amazing but it is great to get feedback that our staff and offering are delivering the same wow factor.

I hope we will welcome you back to GŎNG sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For the most Amazing view in London I invite you to make a stop at Gong Bar inside the Sharp Tower (the highest Tower of London) ! Jump at the 52 level for Gong Bar, ask for Denis Klan and the Team for a beautiful cocktail menu
Enjoy guys

Dear Robin G,

It is so pleasing to receive such glowing feedback about our bartender Denis and your visit to our bar in the sky. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, I will make sure Denis is rewarded for his outstanding service.

I look forward to your next visit to GŎNG.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rather than spending money to go to the top of the shard, come here, its warm cosy and a bonus they serve drinks and wine :)
you are welcomed and served by frienbdly staff that take time to know your name, then chill with friends in this beautiful bar overlooking london.
A must for the men is go for a pee here, glass walls........
go and enjoy this place, always on my visit list when in town

1  Thank Gary S

Dear Gary S,

I am thrilled to receive your review for your most recent visit to our bar in the sky. I am so pleased that our staff have given you such memorable experiences that you have come back each time you are in London, this is truly what we aim to provide each and every guest. And you are right in saying the gentleman's bathroom has one of the best views of any toilet in the world!

I look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I had never visited the shard and the restaurant at the top was shut for a refurb so visited the Gong bar at level 31. Only just managed to get a seat at the bar. Bartender attentive and friendly. G&T basic was £19 and a very small cocktail was £20.Peanuts on the bar are £4!! Better to save your money and spend it elsewhere. Would not bother again.Nice view but not worth the cost.

Dear Conway S,

I believe you may have mistaken us for another bar in the building, as GŎNG is located on level 52 of The Shard and we provide our bar snacks free of charge for our guests. I do hope that if you visit The Shard again, that you will choose to come to GŎNG so we can wow you with our drinks and service.