Me and my partner stayed here for one night in June. We would stay here again based on the quality and value for money against other London priced hotels. If you are used to a 5-star hotel then you need to go elsewhere but expect to pay ALOT MORE and don't moan because you get what you pay for.
On arrival, we were checked in promptly and the staff were friendly and helpful. We arrived half an hour before check-in and were given the keys to our room immediately. We asked for and were given simple directions to the bus stop (which is right outside the hotel) because we were off to Wembley Stadium that evening. We needed to get 2 buses to the stadium (or there was another option of one bus and the tube) so it was not as close as we expected but still fine. We didn't mind travelling and knew we would have to to some extent when we booked because we didn't want to pay hotel prices right next to Wembley Stadium or in central London. Again, if you want to be walking distance to your visitor attraction expect to pay the price for it because all hotels are much more if you do this! We paid £90 (incl. continental breakfast) for our double room here but if we wanted to stay walking distance to the stadium or in central London then a hotel of the same quality/value was £150-200!!! We were just not prepared to pay this for one night.
We had a double room on the basement level and it was cool at night to sleep in; the temperature was 22 degrees at the time so this pleased us. We had the windows open and didn't experience any noise disturbances. The bed was comfortable and we could have easily stayed for more than one night.
The room had a en-suite with shower and toilet which was almost brand new. The shower was really nice with lots of warm water available! The room seemed to be recently refurbished with an ample sized wardrobe, a little table and chairs. Tea and coffee facilities were also provided. Overall, the room was compact with the bed taking up most of the room but the space was used well, was clean and was fine for a couple as long as you don't spend your whole day in your room. But i'm assuming if you are visiting London for work or recreation you are not going to do this anyway!
The breakfast was described as continental on booking and was perfectly acceptable as continental when we went for breakfast in the morning. There was a selection of cereals, yoghurts, juices, tea, filter coffee, toast with selection of jams, croissants. They had eggs and tomatoes to go on toast which guests had to help themselves to (buffet style). We were pleased with the breakfast and the service; the breakfast room was clean and the staff cleared tables promptly when other guests had left the room/finished their breakfast.
We checked out at 11am on the Sunday with no problems at all. Another bonus to this hotel is that it has free parking (limited spaces - about 6) and if you check in on time you are almost guaranteed a space because when we arrived at 13:30 all the spaces were free. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a friendly, family run B&B in the heart of West London. We are conveniently located near Central London without all the hustle and bustle that comes with it. With easy transports links (3 tube/train stations and 24 hour bus service), Central London is only 20 mins away. All our rooms are en-suite and contain a TV, fridge and tea/coffee-making facilities as well as free wifi. We have free on-site parking and a 24 hour reception desk. We make sure that you depart with our motto "A Home Away From Home" engraved into your mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your London Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London Guest House Hotel London
- London Guest House England