My husband and I are also both former residents of the college and have just stayed at the club for the second time.
The location is fantastic, walking distance to the British museum and covent garden. Compared to other similarly priced hotels in Bloomsbury the rooms are very comfortable and recently renovated. The only catch is the absence of a lift if you have a 4th floor room, but everytime I have checked in or out the staff have insisted on carrying my bags for me.
There are lots of benefits because of the association with the college - the park and bbqs, the library, the dining hall, Internet access.
We would definitely stay at the goodenough club on future visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Goodenough Club provides a home from home for visiting academics and those in related professions from all over the world. It occupies 5 fully refurbished Georgian townhouses and a mews which overlook our beautiful Mecklenburgh Sq Gardens, 2 acres of private gardens with tennis court and BBQ area, in the heart of Bloomsbury and a 10 minute walk from the Eurostar at St Pancras. Guests are welcome to join the thriving academic community that has been home to international post graduate students for over 75 years and to attend the talks, lectures and concerts which take place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelClick, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Goodenough Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goodenough Club Hotel London
- Goodenough Hotel London
- Goodenough Club London, England