The locations is superb in the heard of Bloomsbury but in a quiet back road. on checking in at their initiative we discusses several different rooms I could have. I ended up going for a large double room on the second floor overlooking the square with a huge picture window, a large bed and a huge chandelier. The fixtures are quite plain and "college like".
The bathroom was just for me but was down the hall and I had a key for it as it was normally locked. However there was only one other room on the corridor and I never actually encountered my neighbor.
Was worried that facing the street would be noisy but is more or less a dead end so very little traffic.
Went across the road to the London House which looks like an college complete with quad to the restaurant for a cooked breakfast. This hall looks just like it came out of Hogwarts. A splendid great hall with long wooden tables. The Goodenough Club consists of several houses in a line and they serve continental breakfast in the basement of main building.
Wi-fi was included. Of the dozen or so hotels I have stayed at in London, this was by no means the fanciest but was definitely the largest room
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Goodenough Club provides a home from home for visiting academics and those in related professions from all over the world. It occupies 5 fully refurbished Georgian townhouses and a mews which overlook our beautiful Mecklenburgh Sq Gardens, 2 acres of private gardens with tennis court and BBQ area, in the heart of Bloomsbury and a 10 minute walk from the Eurostar at St Pancras. Guests are welcome to join the thriving academic community that has been home to international post graduate students for over 75 years and to attend the talks, lectures and concerts which take place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelClick, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Goodenough Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goodenough Club Hotel London
- Goodenough Hotel London
- Goodenough Club London, England