A colleague recommended the Goodenough Club for a work trip to London. The location is very convenient about halfway between Russell Sq and Kings Cross tubes.
I thought is was excellent value. The rooms were small but functional. I had the continental breakfast each day was excellent (you can go to the nearby college for a cooked breakfast).
The hotel is an old Victorian house so there was no lift which was a problem because I had a lot of luggage with me. If you have trouble lifting or lots of cases I'd suggest requesting a room on the first floor.
Overall an excellent place to stay and good for tourists or travelers visiting Bloomsbury for work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Goodenough Club provides a home from home for visiting academics and those in related professions from all over the world. It occupies 5 fully refurbished Georgian townhouses and a mews which overlook our beautiful Mecklenburgh Sq Gardens, 2 acres of private gardens with tennis court and BBQ area, in the heart of Bloomsbury and a 10 minute walk from the Eurostar at St Pancras. Guests are welcome to join the thriving academic community that has been home to international post graduate students for over 75 years and to attend the talks, lectures and concerts which take place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Goodenough Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goodenough Club Hotel London
- Goodenough Hotel London
- Goodenough Club London, England