“Very Convenient & Clean” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Britannia Court Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Britannia Court Hotel
Ranked #295 of 568 London B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very Convenient & Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2006

My husband and I stayed here after reading the reviews on this website (and looking at the pictures posted). And I must say that we were not disappointed.

The hotel is conveniently located to the Bayswater Tube Station, which can get you connected to anywhere. You can walk without problem to the Kensington Palace/Gardens, High Street Kensington (for shopping!) and Hyde Park to name a few places. Lots of pubs, restaurants and shops surrounding the hotel. There's also a grocery store (Tesco) on the next street over across from the tube station that we found handy.

The room was great! We were in G3 which had a courtyard attached that only we had access to. We had our own ensuite bathroom, television, double bed and single bed even though it was just the 2 of us. It was cleaned every day and we were provided fresh towels. The one little complaint I had was the shower as it sprayed just about everywhere, but it was a small sacrifice.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The dog was also very friendly. Our breakfast was very plentiful: always a hard-boiled egg, various fruits, bread, juice, coffee, yogurt and cereal.

I definitely think this is a great place to stay and would highly recommend it to other travelers.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Tallinn, Estonia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2006

Me and my wife stayed at Britannia Court at the end of March. We decided to book Britannia after reading the positive comments in Tripadvisor and also due to the very reasonable price. We were a little afraid of the remarks about the smallness of the rooms but this was not actually a big problem. Our room was quite small but clean and quiet (facing the "yard"). And as we were out most of the day and used the hotel only for sleeping, it didn't matter anyway.
Now the positive facts - 5 minutes walk from Bayswater tube, 5 minutes walk from Kesnington Gardens, lots of eating places and shops (incl mall)on the parallel street, rich breakfast, 60£ per night, very friendly staff, nice interior of the hotel etc.
So all in all a good choice for a traveller who does not spend much time in hotel. The next time I will definitely stay there again.

5 Thank EstTraveller
Oslo Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2006

My husband and I go to London frequently. We used to be lucky enough to have close friends with whom we could stay, but they have moved away and we now have to find hotels for our London visits. After three rather unfortunate experiences at other hotels, the Britannia Court will be our new London home.

The owners (Americans of Italian descent, very strong East Coast accents!) were really friendly, the front desk manned 24 hours. The room was nice enough with crisp white duvets instead of those horrid beadspreads hotels still insist on using. Wood floors, dented antique furniture, a small oriental carpet on the floor. Cozy, a bit funky, felt like home. There was tons of hot water and water pressure (almost too much as it was hard to control!). The drains were slow to keep up with the amount of water.
Our room was towards the front of the hotel and we could hear some street noise, but it was not at all bad and quieted down as the nights progressed. I slept really REALLY well.

My husband was totally enamoured of the breakfast. I, not much of a morning person, will trust his judgement on that. I love the friendly, very old dog who nuzzled up to us everytime we entered or left the hotel. What a sweetie.

I go to London by myself alot, and would feel very safe and happy there alone. Unlike some other places we've stayed.

We'll definitely return. For the price, location, and good vibe of the place, it's just perfect for us. If you want a good night's sleep in a cozy, small, informal, utilitarian but still stylish crash pad, this is a great place. If you want luxury and posh, go elsewhere.

14 Thank OsloK
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2006

This hotel has a great location and there are so many restaurants, pubs and shops in the local area to keep you busy.

We stayed in a triple room that was quite comfortable (a lot bigger than I expected) and it even had it's own private courtyard.

The breakfasts were so good that my boyfriend looked forward to the next one before he had even finished his first one. We had breads, cheeses, boiled eggs, cereal, juice, fruit, yoghurt, croissants, muffins and more.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking at staying in London. It really has a nice charm to it and it feels more like you are staying in someone's house rather than in a city hotel.

• Stayed January 2006
15 Thank tia18
Travis AFB, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2006

For the price, it's truly the bargain of your London stay. We had a double room, and it was more than enough for myself, wife, and two young kids. Clean sheets, clean room, friendly helpful staff (and dog), and awesome location (short walk to Bayswater tube, and to Kensington Gardens). We arrived at the hotel in the latter part of a Feb afternoon, but still made a memorable day of it with a walk through Kensington Gardens. The breakfast (free) is great as well. We will definitely come back when we do make our return to London.

• Stayed February 2006
8 Thank garbdoubt19
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2006

My husband and I stayed in Britannia Court Hotel in November 05'. It is cosy little hotel in a lovely location! The room was nice and clean, the bathroom was very small but ok, the stuff was extremely friendly and the breakfast was really good. The breakfast room though is very small, so you might have to wait till someone finish.
The location is great and the metro station just a block away! I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Stavanger
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2006

Stayed here for 7 nights in Dec/Jan 05/06.

+: Good location very central, friendly staff(most of them anyway),
Ok size on room (I guess it depends on witch room you get), ok breakfast -> tea/coffee bread butter milk yoghurt fruits juice etc. (have seen much much worse in London), clean enough (but it doesn`t smell like harmony either), very good price (£60 each night)
doesn`t charge your credit card in advance (only reserve the right to charge U), you pay when you leave, 24H reception

-: No extra facilities, small place in general, no SKYSPORTS :(, no english breakfast for those who like that, small toilets, crappy bed (it`s soft, but it keeps sliding away from the wall, looks a bit homemade(?)), too small breakfast room, small tv

SUM: It`s nothing more than average. £60 is ok in London. But please do not expect more than the price indicates.
Will I stay here again? Probably not, but I`m not sure. I will check other hotels first.
GO tripadvisor!!!!!!!!!!