“The Best Experience”

The Original London Sightseeing Tour: Hop-on Hop-off
Ranked #93 of 692 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience the best of London aboard The Original Tour's famous red open-top buses. London's most popular sightseeing tour offers its guests the ultimate introduction to the capital and includes entertaining English-speaking guides, an unrivalled fleet of superb modern buses, three main tour routes, two of which offer full multi-lingual commentary, 3 fascinating free walking tours, a fantastic free Thames Hop-on Hop-off river cruise pass, and an exclusive Kids' Club. All hop-on hop-off tickets are valid for 24-hours or 48-hours across over 80 conveniently located stops
Arvada, CO
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“The Best Experience”
Reviewed April 3, 2011

We booked this tour for the second day of our England vacation. This is the best tour! We were able to see every sight we wanted and were able to hop off and hop back on when we were ready. The Bus stops are clearly marked and always prompt. I highly reccommend this on the first day of your visit as trying to navigate on your own in this busy city can be very challenging.The best part of our tour was Bernadette Kalus "Bernie" at the Visitor center. Bernie was very courteous and friendly. When we returned from our tour, Bernie offered us a Day Tour to Paris. The price was exceptional and again the best deal for those on a limited time frame. There were only two seats available however Bernie was able to get us one more seat at the last minute. The Tour was amazing! Bernie created a lifetime of memories for my Mom, daughter and myself. Thank you Bernie!

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Lake Elsinore, California
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 298 helpful votes
“Perfect Way to see Londons sights when you don't have much time”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I had an 8 hour lay-over from Germany to Los Angeles and was able to see at the least the outside of all the main London sights via the Original London Sightseeing Tour. I took the Express Train to Paddington Station and purchased my ticket at the entrance of the Subway area at a tourist Kiosk. I took the black bus route to the Marble Arch and swiched over to the Yellow Line as recommended by the pleasant gentleman that helps Original Tour clients at this stop. He gave me very good advice on which route to take to fit everything in including the included Thames River cruise within my short 5-6 hr time frame. You could hop on and off at each stop to visit each site. I sat on the top of the double decker buses and each bus had a very informative and charming real person on board explaining all the sites and even answer some individual questions I had. The bus drivers were also most helpful and pleasant. This was my first visit to London and this tour company made my day great. As a lone female traveler I felt very comfortable and safe. Even had time to get fish and chips and a pint of beer at a local pub. I will come back to London with my husband next time and we will for sure book the Original London Sightseeing Tour. I talked to a Lady that had opted for one of the other Bus Sight seeing tours and she was not happy. Had to wait a long time for each bus and did not see much within 4 hrs. She also stated that she only had earplugs and pre-recorded commentary.

3 Thank Munichchick
Columbia, South Carolina
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“Not worth it! They changed the route and stopped bus service early.”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

They charged us 25 pounds per person and promised that we could hop on and off all day. They gave us a map of the route and a set of cheesy earphones. The recorded tour was off on most of the sights. By the time the voice described it we were already past it. Also note that the bus didn't follow the route as described. To top it off, they discontinued a number of buses late in the afternoon. We had to take the tube to get back to our hotel.

Danville, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Free Thames River Cruise Out of Service”
Reviewed March 27, 2011

The Original Tour was a good way to get a comprehensive overview of London in a short amount of time. My husband insisted on sitting on the open top deck. It was chilly at times but a good view throughout the tour. We had a hard time hearing some of the commentary. We hopped off twice and had to wait about 30 minutes for the next bus one of the times.

Most of these bus tours offered a "Free Thames River Cruise." When we went to redeem our cruise ticket at the boat tour booth we were told that the boats were out of service and there would be no tours for several hours. It was not convenient for us to take the cruise any other time so we were unable to take advantage of the tickets.

2 Thank Bodelicious
Doune, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best way to see London in a short period of time”
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We only had one full day in London, so booked the yellow tour on the Original Tour. Apart from the rain, the tour was excellent. The tour guides were very informative, and you were able to hop off and hop on at various attractions along the tour. We got to see all the main sights and hear all the history, and hopped off to go on the London eye. The only thing was that if you weren't hopping off, you didn't have time to take good photos before the bus moved off again. I'd say it was well worth the money, and the best way to see London in a short time (if you're to scared to use the tube). Would definitely use again (but try a different tour to see things we didn't get the chance to see).

Visited February 2011