“Great studio”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Paddington tube (and overground rail) just a few minutes walk away
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Natasha L
central coast
“Great studio”
Reviewed November 6, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed here for 11 nights and found the studio to be a great place to stay. The owner Robert who was lovely met us at the flat and helped with our suitcases up the stairs and showed us how everything worked. The studio was clean and had everything you needed. Yes it is up the top of a lot of stairs but we managed them fine everyday. The views are lovely and the apartment is very central. Hyde Park a few minutes walk away, Paddington Station just minutes away as are supermarkets, restaurants, pubs and buses into central London. The only negative and it is a small one would be the small bed. It was very cosy but comfortable and after the busy days we had we slept really well, but if you like a lot of space it might be a problem. Robert did provide a single blow up mattress though if we needed it, which we didn't. We enjoyed the studio so much we are going back again.

Jennifer...
Carbondale, Colorado
“Comfortable, Convenient and Sparkling Clean!”
Reviewed September 20, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

I can scarcely praise Robert's flat highly enough! If you can manage the stairs (it's on the American 5th floor with a tiny elevator to the 3rd) this beautifully decorated and maintained studio flat is more than worth it. It looks just like the pictures on the website. It's extremely well stocked: cookware, cooking utensils, a dizzying selection of teas, coffee, sugar, dishes, flatware, toaster, electric kettle, combination micowave/regular oven, dishwasher, washer/dryer, TV, Wi-fi, even spices/salt/pepper for cooking. There were maps, books and travel brochures available, too.

Everything was sparkling clean. I could see my reflection in the bathroom floor.

The bed was wonderfully comfortable and the flat, being at the top of the building was peaceful and quiet. The view to the west was especially nice. With the windows open, it felt like we were dining al fresco.

Robert was a joy. He met us at the flat and took our heaviest bags all the way to the top for us and gave us detailed instructions on how to use all the appliances. He was so warm and kind I felt like we'd made our first friend in London.

The location is fantastic. A two block walk to Paddington rail and tube stations puts you on the Circle, District or Bakerloo lines in no time which take you anywhere in London you want to go. We love traveling by double-decker bus and found stops conveniently located nearby. Boots (pharmacy & sundries), Marks & Spencer and Sainsbury's are all located in Paddiington station so it was easy to stock the fridge with anything we needed. Bring your own toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner but shower gel, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, paper towels, and toilet paper are provided.

The neighborhood has restaurants galore with all kinds of cuisine. We especially liked Bizzaro (yes, really), an Italian restaurant on Craven Road.

We would absolutely stay here again. In fact, it's unlikely we'd ever want to look for another home away from home in London.

Di_McK_88
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Great London location and everything you need”
Reviewed July 20, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Near Paddington Station for Heathrow Connect and Heathrow Express; near Paddington Underground for the Circle Line giving you easy access around London. A beautiful apartment with views across to the west. The owner met us at a pre-arranged time and helped with our bags going upstairs. He did the same at checkout time. Much appreciated as there is no lift to the upper floors. The apartment is comfortable and charming with an immaculate bathroom, kitchen, dishwasher and clothes washer/dryer.

AshleyMam...
“perfect location”
Reviewed July 3, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

What a great location ! It's only 1/2 hour by bus or tube to most of the attractions. The place is exactly like the photos. The first 3 days of my stay was so hot : 24-34C. I was so happy that I chose this place instead of a hotel room that has no free laundry. I was soaking wet and had to shower 3 times per day. Robert is so considerate. He provides dishwasher tablets, hand dishwashing liquid, laundry detergent, all the cups, plates, cutlery, pots and pans. There is coffee press, water kettle and cloth drying racks. Robert brought over 3 little fans. There is NO AIR CONDITIONING as most of the English buildings are so old. There is this smokey smell when I laid down at night. Most nights I will wake up in the middle of the night coughing. Maybe our bed was right on top of the downstairs stove ? Maybe it's just me being too sensitive. The fire alarm was functional and has a green light. The elevator was not working for the first 2 days we were there so we had to climb 5 flights of stairs. Robert was there to help us take our luggages both at check in and check out. There is an elevator from the paddington tube station that takes us up to the street but you have to search for it. Most ppl like me just take it up from the stairs and can be difficult if you have lots of stuffs or not being too strong. The Heathrow express cost 22GBP on weekdays and 17 on weekends but if you take the tube it's 6BGP only. It's 50GBP to hire taxi so if you have lots of stuffs to take home it's best to take taxi. Be sure to ask for VAT refund form when you purchase stuffs at shops and go to the VAT refund counter OUTSIDE the airport entrance BEFORE checking in your luggages. We didn't and didn't get money back ! There is an app called citymapper that helps you go to places. It's really really useful. It even tells you how long before the next bus will arrive. You can ONLY add money onto your Oyster card in the tube station. You can't even pay cash when you go on buses. So don't forget to fill it up and don't forget to bring it with you. The cobble stones on the pavement is really not even. I twisted my ankle the second day I was there. Luckily I brought my Celebrex. Wear really comfortable shoes as you will be walking a lot. Our Canadian pavement is so much safer and nicer. If you want to visit the Stonehenge, try " The English Bus " . Lily, the driver and tour guide was so good. It's worth every penny of it. We visited the famous Speedy's sandwich bar from Sherlock Holmes TV shows. Food is so so only, service is ok, but it's not speedy and there is no washroom you can use. Fortnum and Mason tea is a must for souvenirs. We went for high tea, really good. 55GBP per person but you can order refills for scones and sandwiches. I was so full when I left. We tried DUCK AND WAFFLE LOCAL for their duck burger and grilled tenderstem broccoli. Wonderful and surprising taste, but the duck fat fries has no duck nor rosemary taste. I grow up eating lots of fish so I am very picky when it comes to fish. We went to Bonnie Gull Seafood Shack and tried Whole Looe plaice almondine. It blew my mind away ! So good. My husband tried fish and chip. He wouldn't even share so I can't tell.

All in all, I will definitely recommend this to my friends if they are not allergic like me. There are lots of similar rental properties in that area. It seems that all I saw were tourists on the streets.

tammymurp...
Copperas Cove, Texas
“Elegant Flat in London”
Reviewed April 16, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Rob was very welcoming and the flat was well equipped with everything we needed for our stay. Loved the location and we enjoyed our time in London. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a place centrally located in London.

Angela W
“The Perfect Studio for Two”
Reviewed March 22, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Robert was the best host. After waiting for our arrival, he so kindly escorted us to the studio, carried our bags, and gave us a nice welcome explaining all of the wonderful amenities. The size was perfect for two, with a lovely kitchen, restroom, and living area. This studio and its location made a lovely weekend, walking to Hyde park and enjoying the surrounding Central London area.

Alan W
Cotswolds, United Kingdom
“Great Studio Apartment with Responsive Owner”
Reviewed February 23, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Great studio apartment-- clean, nice kitchen, bath, tv area, and bed. Great Paddington location.

Only thing one needs to be aware of-- need to walk stairs up to it. Either ~5.5 flights to it or take a very small lift up ~3 flights and then walk another 2.5 up some narrow stairs to the room.

Very nice room and responsive owner. So recommend we it.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing