1,163 results
All reviews earl's court quiet square triple room underground station piccadilly line clean towels rooms are small water pressure tube stop third floor few minutes walk olympia kettle kensington
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2019

the hotel is situated in a quiet square close to earls court! it was reasonably clean and tidy...our room was on the fourth floor overlooking the square. it had a low window (bed height) and would not have been suitable for a family...but was fine for us! the en-suite was small but ok!
only real niggle was that the lift didnt work and was absolutely tiny! walking to the 4th floor with my wifes suitcase was quite tiring!
you get what you pay for...if you just wanted somewhere to sleep then it is fine!

Reviewed July 31, 2019

We booked yesterday july 31, 2019 with my gf and some friends. We’re having a hard time to lock our door at first. Then when we went back today at around 1am august 1, 2019 my gf went to the cr then she was stuck there for 5 mins or less. And we have a video that proves that she is not LOCKED inside. But the door knob is broke. But the housekeeper insisted that the door knob is working okay as if he’s trying to say that we are telling lies. We’re so disappointed because of his attitude. His name is querebin (if i’m not mistaken) Your staff must know how to deal with this kind of problem. Hindi ung paulit ulit niyang sasabihin na “hindi naman nalolock” hello hindi naman talaga nalolock. Nag sstock ung door knob. And he also keep on saying na “Ililipat na nga kayo” as if ginusto namin ilipat kami ng room.

Room 208

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Natira_Jug, Owner at Garden View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

Hi Czarina S,

Thank you for leaving a review to provide a feedback on your recent stay at Garden View Hotel. We must apologize that you and your partner had to experience the issue with the door lock and that we were unable to resolve the issue immediately. We want to assure you that take our guests' feedback seriously and that we have fixed the door lock. We appreciate guests who provide sincere feedback to help us improve your experience with at Garden View Hotel.

We trust that we can improve on this experience and hope to welcoming you back to stay with us in the future.

Natira J
Owner
Garden View Hotel

Reviewed July 19, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights with my cousin, who was on a tight budget. The hotel is cheap, but excellent location. The first room was so tiny, they gave us a 1.40m bed for 2 grown ups. No room to open a suitcase. Worn down and a little shabby, smelled of mildew. We were able to change the next day to a renovated room with two separate beds. Was better, but still small. Window only open slightly and it was extremely hot although it was only 20 C outside.
Breakfast was basic. Staff nice.

Overall this is ok for the cheap price. Location is superb. Would I come again? No, because I would spend more to have an AC and comfort. For this trip it was fine, if you are on a budget.

Tip: bring your own pillow if allergic or sensitive.
Very hot building although cool outside. If you are sensitive- stay away.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2019 via mobile

We were in London for 8 days and stayed here for 7. The room was warm but we opened a window and placed a fan in - my friend and I both slept like babies with the quiet location and fresh air. We paid around $100 a night so we’re not expecting luxury - it was clean, comfortable, a very quick walk to restaurants and the underground. WiFi was great - the bathroom door stuck a bit but otherwise fantastic stay. I would stay again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi Valeriedudes,

Thank you for staying at Garden View Hotel. We are glad to hear that you and your friend enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Natira J
Owner
Garden View Hotel

Reviewed July 7, 2019

I wanted to save money on my 9 day trip to London so chose this hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly, I arrived before check in and was able to leave my luggage with them. The front desk also helped me with directions...buy bus tour tickets..very helpful.

Now for the not good but not horrible. My room was tiny..I could sit on my bed and touch both walls! The blow dryer was very weak but at least there was one!

There were not a lot of electrical outlets and none close to the bed.

Now for the only negative..no air conditioning!! My first night in London, it wasn't bad..kinda stuffy but I was too tired to care. I planned on booking another night but just couldn't because of no air. The week I was in England was the hottest week on record..it was just miserable. I needed air. I ended up booking a night at a much more expensive place just bc they had air. It wasn't nicer..the workers were not as friendly.

So..if you want to stay somewhere safe and clean with no thrills..this is your place.

Date of stay: June 2019