Open today: 6:00 PM - 3:00 AM
Book In Advance
In high demand - travelers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $72.00
from $117.80
from $81.20
More Info
All reviews main act upstairs bar jazz venue sunday lunchtime jazz lovers late late show iconic venue fantastic night bucket list birthday treat stage musicianship soho drummer acts performance session
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

A group of us went upstairs for Funky Nation on a Saturday night. It was a friends birthday and as there was a large group of us, we pre-booked a table. We had a brilliant night, the dance floor was buzzing by 9.30, a nice friendly crowd and the both the Dj's played funky uplifting sets. Service at the bar was fine and all staff were friendly and helpful. Decor is a bit tired, but that's part of the charm. Bouncers and waitresses were friendly and helpful. If you want a friendly, funky Saturday night out would recommend.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Went upstairs & charged £8 each to get in. Sadly this money isn’t spent on maintaining the venue. The carpets are the filthiest I’ve ever encountered.
At the bar my husband struggled to chose as there is only bottled beers, none of which are what you would call a decent beer.
So a small bottle of ipa & glass of wine cost us £19. There is a service charge added of 12.5% which we didn’t realise until we looked at the receipt.
The singer was not to our liking but that’s obviously subjective. Perhaps she may have been more in tune if she wasn’t so wasted.
We did manage to get a seat and this was possibly the most entertaining part of the visit as the couple seated next to us were obviously an older gentleman with his much younger female guest, who we can only describe as an escort. Fascinating to watch. To sum up a 30 minute visit cost us just under £40. This establishment is obviously intent on ripping people off & living on its past reputation.

Reviewed 6 days ago

I've been coming here for a few years now. Normally on a Saturday with a group of us for a bit of a disco thing for a birthday or some other reason. Once every couple of years. A group of us went here on Saturday.

I really don't like what we experienced. The years without painting and investment are now beginning to show. The toilets are disgusting, overpriced drinks, soiled booths that haven't been cleaned properly.

The most worrying thing is the professional groups of thieves who were working here on this night. They were very competent, taking pictures on phones to identify where bags were, and groups moving to the booth anticipating at some stage we would all go the dance floor so they could steal.

We had two men try to push their way into our booth, I made it clear that I knew what they were doing, and we all decided to leave as the evening became very uncomfortable from then on in.

So in summary, if you go as a group watch your bags and valuables. Yes its a historic place that is on many bucket lists but investment is needed and security needs, in my personal view, to up their game to make this place a more desirable, safe and enjoyable place to visit.

Any management at Ronnies reading this. Please get it fixed.

Reviewed 6 days ago

Went for a gig. The music was excellent but the sound had interference throughout. The bar charges a 12.5% service charge on top of already overpriced drinks. In my case for getting a bottle out of the fridge and handing it over. The was a 'with flyer' offer on the door but when I got there the poor woman on the door was having to explain to literally everyone that the discount only applied if you printed the flyer, which no-one had because it's 2018.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

If you enjoy jazz clubs upstairs at Ronnie Scott's on a Wednesday night is the place to be. Brilliant jazz musicians with a late jam session. Very relaxed atmosphere and great cocktails. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I want to start off by saying we've been to the blues night numerous times over the last 3 years and always enjoyed them. This time however we were really disappointed especially as we brought 4 others along for the experience.The band were running late having come straight from the airport and said themselves they were really tired. Tony, one of the guitarists was missing in action, and great banter between him and Marcus was missing. For us, Marcus' voice is the main attraction but too much of the singing was passed to the pianist. They just seemed to run through a below average set as if they just wanted it over. Will give it another go but will be a long time before we spend our money there.

1  Thank cbb06
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Its been on our to do list for years to go to Ronnie Scotts club went last tuesday evening could not stay late so we went early its a sort of open mike type of event young talent we were having a look at the board outside when the guy on the door encouraged us to go in we said its a little early yet 6.30 pm oh it starts at 7pm and befor that there is no ad misdion charge so we went up that will be £6 each please said the young lady I said the chap on the door said no charge befor 7pm did he I will have to tell him off we sit down and awaitress asks if we would like a drink 1bottle of cider and an aperal spritz £21+ I got the next bottle my self at the bar £5 25p on menue charged £6.90 when I queried this was told there was 12.6%service charge my maths was better than his thought the days of treating tourists like mugs were gone pity it did not live up to our expectations the little music we heared was great Chas Liverpool

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We’d booked a table here ahead of time as had always wanted to go. Great atmosphere the moment you walk in. Food was good and service also good but I did find the tables way to close together to have a private conversation and for the waitress to be comfortable serving us. Price was what you’d expect in a place like this. Apart from that the music was brilliant and the band performing were very talented. Glad we made the effort to go here. A good night out in London.

1  Thank jaynemooree3
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Treated my partner to a night of Jazz for his birthday and Ronnie’s didn’t disappoint. Although I booked ‘slightly restricted view’ there wasn’t one table that felt restricted, it was great and I could see everything.

The music was wonderful, as were the support acts. There was a great ambience and it felt like a very special evening.

My only gripe is the food, I know it’s a unique and amazing experience but the food is overpriced. I would understand if it were Michelin quality but the food was extremely average. Next time I will dine elsewhere.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Never been here before. I must say I had a brilliant evening. The music was amazing and the atmosphere was brilliant.
I NEVER dance but on this occasion I only left the dancefloor to get a drink!