“A must for us”
Review of Foyles Bookshop

Foyles Bookshop
Ranked #9 of 823 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Bookworms can happily spend a day poring over some 200,000 titles in this five-story shop. Of special note are regular author talks and the excellent foreign language and classical music departments.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We visit Foyles everytime we're in London and we can spend hours there! It's a heaven if you love books

All reviews
"author"
in 13 reviews
"dictionaries"

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Could spend hours here. A labyrinthine place with a huge range: think Hamleys but with books instead of toys.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Good books. Good coffee. Good food. Basicly what I imagine heaven is all about. My husband and I almost always hanged out here for brunch whenever we are in London, and of course when you are here you can't help but buying books :)

Reviewed March 27, 2013

You can find just about any and every book you might want or need in this mixture of the old fashioned and the new-fangled book department store. You should not get lost because there are plenty of helpful (and interesting!) staff to assist if you cant find something. Academic books, best selling works of fiction, travel books and maps, you can find it here on the several floors. There is a lift to take you up or down and I believe that means you can even come here in a wheelchair. If looking for books makes you hungry and thirsty there is also a very nice restaurant on part of one of the floors. Foyles is listed on Trip Advisor as an Attraction for the right reasons. You can come here an become immersed for a whole day in this, the heaven of books!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've been to Foyle's a few times, and on my mmost recent visit I spend a couple of hours in the book shop. I like the store's layout- everything is clearly labeled and ordered on the directory- I believe there are 4 floors. They have rare, hard to find books alongside commonplace ones. Theyre language floor is very impressive- they have books, dictionaries, and fiction books in a plethora of different languages and levels.

They also have some older, antique books behind glass encasing, which is pretty cool. I read a sign in the store that they are actually soon moving to a larger, nearby venue.