“FA Cup 2013”
Review of Hotel Olympia

Hotel Olympia
Ranked #997 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last weekend for the FA Cup final. Weren't bad for 1 night. Turned up at the hotel at 1 pm knowing we asked to book in at 2 pm. They allocated us a room straight away. Not much view from the bedroom, but the beds were sleep able, Bathroom was up to standard. Happy with just staying there 1 night. Not a long walk from Earls court Tube station!

For the price you pay as well you can imagine staying in a HILTON HOTEL! You pay for what your are given.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I booked this hotel because the two most important things for me that i could walk to the olympia exhibition centre and i could park the car at the hotel i was told that the exhibiton centre was around the corner and i could park outside on my arrival there was only permit parking and the exhibition centre was almost 4Km away. not a good start. on the second night my collegue returned to her room at 11.30pm and there was a man asleep in her bed. they had booked another guest into her room her personal belongings cloths lap top etc were still in the room it she asked them to call my room to see if i was there and they told her the room telephones do not work. my collegue is spanish and female and was very shaken up she had to threaten to call the police as the receptionish was not too helpful he wanted to give her another room and told her she could get her belongings in the morning. I WISH I HAD LOOKED THIS HOTEL UP ON TRIP ADVISOR AND I WOULD DEFINETLEY NOT STAYED HERE

Room Tip: dont book this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Angela T
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Myself and two friends were supposed to stay here on the 22nd September. We had originally booked a different hotel, but because our room was flooded, this hotel was recommended as an alternative. We arrived and were given a room in the basement, to get to the room we had to manoeuvre around hoovers and various bin bags in the corridor. The room itself smelt of damp and had stains on the ceiling and walls. The bed bases were ripped, the carpet had been stuck down with brown tape in various places too. Scared of what else we would find we decided we couldn't stay the night here and went straight back to reception to check out and get a refund. We were promised a refund within 5-7 working days. It is now the 24th November and I am still fighting for our £99 back! The hotel never answer their phone so I am having to go through booking.com (who have been very helpful). Fingers crossed we eventually get our money back! This hotel is appalling.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Sleggg
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I went to this hotel for a few days, due to a business trip. The rooms are nice, but there is no elevator. One big disappointment: there was NO internet in the hotel (eventhough this is mentioned on the website), only in the reception area which is very small and crowded. When I told the guy behind the reception that I needed the internet for my work, he wasn't polite and helpful at all. In addition, the breakfast was very poor.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 14, 2012

dont EVER stay here, during my stay i was awoken around 4 am by some strange noices. At first i thought i was imagining or dreaming, but then i saw A MOUSE running down the carpet! The room was all dirty, with mold on the walls. The sheets didnt feel very clean as well. But in case you are still wondering whether to stay here or not - THERE WAS A MOUSE IN MY ROOM THAT WOKE ME UP AT 4 AM.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank gbelinski
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in: small and dirty rooms, en-suite bathrooms that are also small and dirty, clueless staff that have limited English comprehension (really? in England?), dingy public areas, the list goes on... Yes, some would say you get what you pay for. But you could pay the same price close by with other hotels and get something better. The only thing this place has going for it is that it is literally a minute away from Earl's Court tube station and Earl's Court. Other than that, this place SUCKS!

Room Tip: If you still want to stay here: get the family room. They say it will fit four people - that's a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2012

as the title says, its very basic but worth the cheap fees when on a budget. not very clean but after staying in their sister 'hotel' i would've snapped up the opportunity to return to this one.
I'd recommend you pay a bit more to stay somewhere better, but if its only for one night and youre not going to be there for long, then its fine.

We were in one of the basement rooms, and there was obscene graffitti written on some of the furniture, not enough sockets (even for the kettle that was provided?!) - i eventually had to boil the kettle whilst it was sat on one of the beds, and the curtain didnt cover the windows, the toilet ran all night and the tv just blacked out and wouldnt turn back on.
so NOT ideal, but pure 'hilton' in comparison to their joint venture.
The staff were quite off hand when we mentioned some of these issues.

dont stay here if you've got kids because i felt guilty about putting mine on the stained sheets.

Room Tip: book elsewhere is my tip.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family