“The worst experience of my life”
Review of Hotel Olympia

Hotel Olympia
Ranked #980 of 1,063 Hotels in London
London
“The worst experience of my life”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I was supposed to stay at the Cromwell Crown but they moved me to the Olympia. No advanced warning. No explanation. No assistance with getting to the other hotel The location of The Olympia was excellent but:

The Wi-fi only extends to the reception area so there were about 5 of us huddled with our laptops on our knees. No privacy what so ever.
The breakfast cost £10.98 and was litterly cornflakes or weetabix, coffee or tea. And there were no tables left to sit at so I had to eat it in my room.
I had an interview the next morning and the hotel lent me an iron but did not have an ironing board in the whole of the hotel.
The heat in my room at night was scorching even with the window wide open. I only got 3 hours sleep.
There was constant noise all night.
The bathroom door locked itself when you closed the door. The bathroom fan had an unbearable screech to it.
The TV didnt tune in and was from the 1970s.
The cups for the coffee in the room were plastic cartons.
The staff were utterly useless and seemed resigned to the fact that customers would complain.

The owners are lazy, greedy, charlatans, god help them if I ever met them.

AVOID THIS HOTEL LIKE THE PLAGUE. IT IS DISGUSTING IN EVERY SENSE.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank peaco1000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 22, 2011

It has all been said before - I stayed here with my wife to fill a gap in our itinerary - we took a chance. BEWARE THIS HOTEL AND NEVER, EVER STAY HERE. Little insects flying around the basin, grimy furntiture, dated, mouldy, smelly, filthy, fetid, appalling customer service and I could just go on.... Remember Fawlty Towers? That place was luxury in comparison! And this place isn't even cheap!!!!! AVOID AT ANY COST - you would sleep better on a cardboard box in the park over the road!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JudeDudes

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We had never experience anything like that before. We were badly bitten by bed bugs. At the moment we have skin infection caused by bed bugs. I do not need to explain the suffering that this caused and continues to cause to my family.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank alanis_perseva
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2011

After reading reviews on the internet of this hotel, i was dreading my stay. All i thought was bed bugs, dirt and ignorant staff, but it is totally the opposite. I was actually pleasantly surprised when i reached this hotel. I stayed in a room on the same floor as the reception and it was fine. The receptionist helped us with everything we needed and was very friendly. Our bathroom was absolutely spotless. The room was clean and so was the sheets on the bed. I had a great nights sleep and wasn't bitten by anything. The breakfast was basic but was done fresh when you went down. For the price we payed i cannot complain at all (45 each for 2 nights in a double room) + the location was excellent, its about a minute walk from the tube station and about 10 minutes from the olympia (which we needed). Round the corner are lots of different food places to eat. i would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank StephLakeee
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Nice quiet place within walking distance from earls court tube station. I was there with my fiancée to get our privacy. The hotel is economical compared to other around the corner... provides quality service... staff is young and energetic.. on arrival the check in process was as simple as it can get... within minutes we were in our room with minute details being explained by the receptionist on arrival... the room was nice and cosy... and feels like home..being economical the hotel still provides high quality... with breakfast arrangement made timely between 8 to 9.. the hotel ambiance makes one feels at home...and privacy is provided to enjoy your leisure time..... If anyone is considering to spend quality time with family and friends and an affordable price.. this is a nice place to consider...........

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2011

very small rooms, double bed is in fact a 1 and a half bed, u cannot open windows coz they are broken, no parking area (we had to spend 18 £ for 1 night parking place), VERY POOR QUALITY OF ACCOMODATION, staff don't have any info abt anything.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed October 23, 2010

A small cheap hotel with very small rooms. The Breakfast was only one hour. nd the breakfast room was very small you had to wait for other guests to finish their breakfast before you could bgin yours. We had a five years old kid with us. she stayed for free. But the bed ws too small for three persons to sleep in.Well even for two adults too aswell.We had problems to get an extra pillow for our 5 y old daughter. Same with towel.
No hot water in the morning and very bad pressure from the shower tap.
The traffic from warrwick road were annoying. to muuch noise could have better isolated windows. The cleaning was up and down.

The only perfect with this hotel was if you go up early and be out whole day and then come back and go to sleep. or football hooligans that need some place too sleep after a game and a couple of beer before takin the bus train or flight home next day.

Not recomended for familys with small children.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family