“10/10 service makes all the difference”
Review of The Soho Hotel

The Soho Hotel
Ranked #15 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 6, 2010

My boyfriend took me here as a surprise for my birthday and it's one I'll never forget. We walked in to our suite, our bags had already been brought to the room and there was a birthday cupcake waiting for me. My boyfriend had only mentioned in passing on the phone that we were staying for that reason. The staff also brought champagne to the room and, unlike many fancy London hotels, they were genuinely friendly and happy to help. The suite was huge with a great bathroom. We tried out the mini gym in preparation for all the eating and almost enjoyed the exercise. We always love places where you can chill out and hide away and their lounge was perfect. On the first night we played chess, helped ourselves to delicious wine from the Honesty Bar and ordered from the bar menu. The breakfasts are best of all. You won't need lunch. This is a hotel that knows how to make you feel special - and for 48 hours you'll feel No.1.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jolers
Write a ReviewReviews (1,541)

Reviewed January 4, 2010

Stayed for two nights and it has now become the place to stay for me when in london.
The staff are a credit to this establishment and, as we all know, that is what makes a good hotel a great one.The decor is beautiful with all the amenities anyone could require.
The hotel lounges are the most comfortable I have ever been in , the guest rooms are perfect in every way,so overall the place is superb.
The restaurant and bar are unique because they seem to be used by a lot of non residents which creates a good buzz to the place as it never seems to be quiet.Obviously the location has a lot to do with this but it did not affect the level of service we experienced so no problems there.
One little gripe to mention - On our first night we ate in the restaurant and the food was lovely however the next day we had a lunchtime snack in the restaurant and my wife had a chicken caesar salad. The dish was fine but it was a large chicken supreme and some of the chicken was not cooked quite enough however it wasnt a major problem.When clearing the plates the waitress enquired was everything o.k and it was but I mentioned she left some of the chicken for the above reason but we were full anyway.The waitress returned to the table with the bill and stated that the head chef said that the chicken was slightly pink because it was beside the bone!! Having been a chef myself for the past 30 years I hope by now I know when a piece of chicken is cooked or not but i would like to thank the chef for his well thought out reply.
Anyway enough of the rant ,this hotel is wonderful ,the staff are superb and the decor is sublime and I cant wait to return (february hopefully).

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davtes
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Spent my honeymoon night at the Soho Hotel before jetting off. This hotel is amazing, the rooms are beautiful and the service is impeccable. We were given free Champagne which we enjoyed in the trendy bar before checking out the next day. There is are two cinema's on the ground floor which show movies every week, we were given free seats to the movie on the Sunday and free late checkout too. I can't fault this hotel at all.

The bathroom is amazing and spotless. There is a cute Tivoli radio in the bathroom which was such a nice touch.

Room service is prompt and efficient. Make sure you try the american pancakes they are yummy.

I have been back since for drinks at the bar and will be back to stay there for our next special event.

Book this hotel, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KetchupLover
Reviewed December 9, 2009

From the moment we got out of the taxi (cranky driver) we knew we were going to like the Soho. Smiles all around ...everyone was so friendly andhelpful. The room was as promised. Spotlessly clean ,large, scrumptious comfortable bed. The bathroom was very big and glam. Every time we passed a staff person we were greeted with a smile and a "how are you?" makes such a difference. Great lounging rooms to enjoy a drink or two. Restraunt was excellent. Best bubble and squeak in the world for breaky!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lovesfishingmm
Reviewed December 6, 2009

Was in London for business & naturally my first choice was the Soho. After having stayed at the Crosby street hotel in NYC last weekend I have to say that I'm absolutely in love with the Firmdale chain, and my latest experience here at the Soho only served to heighten my loyalty to them. The level of service, facilities, location etc etc. is just unbeatable. Try the Soho, you won't regret it...!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank GlobalJC
Reviewed December 3, 2009

Very, very trendy. Amazing service, super friendly international staff with humour and tact. Disigner perfect rooms, amazing bathrooms and beds made for kings. Simply fabulous!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank GreekElvis
Reviewed November 30, 2009

A recent two night weekend break started with great excitement when we entered our room 510, stunning room, clean, well equipped with lovely balcony views, (even if there was a lot of scaffolding to see - I guess that's to be expected thou - and it certainly didn't dissolve any of our pleasure) we could see the Post Office Tower and in the opposite direction the London Eye. The hotel staff were polite and friendly throughout our stay, although one waitress was a bit short with us at the bar but then seemed to come round more friendly when she realised we were actually guests at the hotel! and service at breakfast could be improved as I'm sure table service at this level shouldn't include leaning over us to place or collect items! But the concierge came up trumps on our first morning with a letter for my wife containing two surprise tickets for the theatre (yes - I set it up and yes - she was thrilled!!!!) We really enjoyed our evenings in the lounge and library where we indulged in many wonderful cocktails although I would have liked the bar even more had it stayed open later than 12.30 (despite an honesty bar). The hotel is in a great location and just a few minutes walk to Chinatown or Piccadilly and even at night felt perfectly safe. Expensive? yes. Worth it? as a special treat certainly, in fact currently considering re-booking for another show next February. In answer to my title question - I know there must be other hotels of this quality but why take the risk!! One last tip - use the City of Westminster car park at Newport Place in Chinatown, it may smell a bit but it's secure and good value if you book online plus it's 5-6 minutes walk to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple