“The best in London!”
Review of The Soho Hotel

The Soho Hotel
Ranked #18 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I normally pick a hotel for the facilities and location. But having stayed before, I will now continue to stay here for the staff. From reception to housekeeping) nothing was too much trouble, the restaurant waiters were the most attentive. Really pleased and will recommend to all friends and family.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Travelmagical

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This hotel is close to perfect!

I am very fussy but they seem to have thought of everything.

My room was extremely well furnished and fitted out. The restaurant and bars were brilliant.

I am looking forward to a return visit. Well done!

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor facing the Mews. It was brilliant.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Melbourne504
Reviewed March 24, 2014

What an amazing afternoon tea in the Drawing Room or Library of this quirky boutique hotel. And after you get to see a movie in the basement screening room. A true hidden gem in the heart of Soho. Full review on anomalouslondon.com/eat/afternoon-tea/

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AnomalousLondon
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The last half a year I have been back to The Soho hotel in London 5 times. Compared to most rooms I have had in London over the last 30 years, the Soho Hotel rooms are superior. They are big and spacious, all fabrics are beautiful but not overwhelming. All the rooms I have stayed in look better than the ones they show on their site. The bathroom is great, the towels are warm, the bathtub is deep enough to get your whole body wet, which is not the case in all hotels anymore.
The rooms are quiet, but as soon as you go downstairs you are part of a noisy lively crowd , if you want to get away from the crowd, you can go to one of the big living rooms with big sofas and have your meetings or just drink your tea.
The breakfast is excellent, a new type of fresh juice every day. The restaurant I hear is good ( it is always full).
The staff is helpful and perfect. When you arrive the concierge has written a short note mentioning the most important museum shows etc.
Normally I do not have time to stay in the room except to sleep, but one time I had a flue,to travel seem to be out of the question, but suddenly I realized that if I went to London I could have that one meeting I found so hard to cancel, but more important I would have the wonderful service of the hotel , much better than my busy family at home could provide. I went to London, spent most of the time in my room,best flue I ever had!

Room Tip: To be honest I have never had time to go to the SPA, but from what I have heard it is excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Arnasco
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The room was great, we were upgraded to a deluxe which overlooked the entrance. Big warehouse style window. Décor in room was perfect and the bed was the biggest I have ever slept in, you could have slept 4 people in it! Room was quiet we heard no noise from our neighbours or outside the hotel. The only negative was that we had a meal in the restaurant on the first night and the popular bar is literally across the room from it with no wall divider, the noise was unbearable we had to leave quickly. I know this is Soho and we are the wrong side of 40 but it was too much. Breakfast food was delicious, would most definitely go back but not eat in the restaurant on a busy night.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DiscerningofBaz
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best luxury hotels I have had the pleasure to stay at. Everything was perfect and felt effortless, which is not an easy thing to achieve. The room was stunning, very large and extremely luxurious. I think Firmdale are the best hotel company in the business, and I think soho house group is the only other small chain that has a similar wow factor to everything they do. I stayed at Dean Street Townhouse a few days prior but I think this place was better and where I would return to next time.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank snowsfieldsUK
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed here during a weekend break over Valentine's Day. You'd never know it was here, down a side street in a quiet location. The staff were very warm and welcoming, the room was beautifully decorated and very comfortable as are all areas of the hotel. The breakfast was great. Our room was quiet, you'd never know you are in SoHo.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple